sunburn

Options
any of youguys know how to sooth a sunburn?
:grumble: :grumble: :cry:

Replies

• jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    any of youguys know how to sooth a sunburn?
    :grumble: :grumble: :cry:
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    aloe or vinegar
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    Hawaiian Tropic makes I.C.E. it works well to soothe, and Banana Boat makes After Sun Lotion thats great. I like these because they don't leave behind the "sticky" feeling that just Aloe gel does. Hope you burn is better soon :flowerforyou:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I just took Solarcaine w/ aloe with me to Florida and it worked GREAT! It has lidocaine in it so it stops the hurt.

Hope you get to feeling better!:flowerforyou:
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Plain yogurt is gross but extremely effective.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Aloe...ALOE...and did I mention Aloe?

I have a spray on aloe which I prefer because it lightly coats dry skin, or if anyone gets a burn. It leaves no sticky mess.

If you can not find spray on aloe, try the aloe lotion. It leaves your skin feeling smooth without the slimy sticky mess.

But if you would rather feel disgusting and have your clothes stick to you, while feeling slimy all over, try the regular green aloe.

Good luck with that! I usually have my burn victims take a few Tylenol according to the directions on the bottle to sooth the burn too. It helps!
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    My mom always says to take some asprin. That will help reduce the inflamation,and all the other posts were good advice too! Good luck!
  • kingon8
    kingon8 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    if you have a Target, go and buy something called "Dermoplast" this stuff is amazing!! they give it to us at our hospital after having a baby, but my aunt gave it to my fiance first after he got sun poisoning, he had blisters everywhere, and he used this and in a day they were almost completely gone, for a regular sunburn, it works like magic, one sec it's there, and the next it's gone. Target is the only place I have ever seen it though, other than the hosp. and it comes in a red and white aerosol can. Aloe feels very good on a burn, but doesnt really seem to heal quickly and this stuff does, it is sticky, though, so once it's on , you just want to relax for awhile, putting it on at bedtime is best probably.
  • Smilineyes
    Smilineyes Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Mayo---it's amazing on sunburns!
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    We always used Noxzema growing up...It feels AMAZING on a sunburn.