Looking for dairy free "friends" to share diaries with...

I'm getting ready to take the plunge and go dairy free and am looking for support, ideas, recipes, etc. My diet already consists of reduced dairy consumption, but I'm looking to take it further.

I'm still planning on eating a dairy filled diet when I go out to eat or when I eat at a guest's house because I don't want to be "that person" ;-)

Please add me if you are
1. Dairy free or interested in reducing yoru dairy consumption
2. Interested in sharing your diary

Also, I'm pretty active as far as daily (Monday through Friday) workouts consisting of intense cardio and/or strength training, so if you are active or need some motivation, that's a plus!

Thank you in advance!

Replies

• I'm pretty much 100% dairy free....I have an intolerance so I have to be :) You can check out my diary, friend me, whatever :) I'm always looking for peeps with the same food preferences as me :)
  • momof8munchkins
    momof8munchkins Posts: 1,167 Member
    I severly limit my dairy intake.. milk and soft cheeses affect my sinuses pretty bad.. so I try an stay away from those trigger foods.. I can tolerate Greek yogurt, cream, sour cream and butter without any problems. I can handle a small amount of hard cheeses and half and half without it affecting me too much. I do okay with goat's milk cheese. For cooking and things I use coconut milk. I also just recently found out I am gluten intolerant and am still weeding through how to get it out of my diet completely. you can friend me if you like
  • erin_black_belt
    erin_black_belt Posts: 2 Member
    hi my name is Erin McMahon I have ideas for cheese like diary free fete cheese and goat cheese and unsweetened almond milk also coconut to even so delicious yogurts.
  • georgieamber2
    georgieamber2 Posts: 229 Member
    Dairy free vegan who eats high protein here :) you can always swap the vegan protein source for meat (eg tofu for chicken) if that serves you xx
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,139 Member
    Life is too short to give up cheese but I do hope your successful omission of dairy, makes you a happier person.