Newbie here....

Options
New to this forum, but not to a healthy and fit lifestyle. After losing about 10 vanity lbs before a cruise last spring, I've managed to gain them all back and then some.....I now have 20-25 "vanity" lbs to lose. I was always active thru high school and even the first year or so of college. Then I settled into a more work all day, go to school most nights, routine and didn't have much free time and the weight started creeping on. I'd take some off and put some on....and I'd always top out around 150lbs. I've worked with a trainer in the past and lost almost 30 lbs, then divorced and gained most back, then managed to drop about 15lbs on my own thru just good food consumption and moderate exercise. And that brings us to now.....

I've been watching how much (calorie wise), what I'm consuming (good fats, lean protein, non-white carbs), and working out at least 3 times a week since about mid-Dec trying to shake this extra weight. And I figured it was time I came out of the shadows and introduced myself.

I'm 35 years old....as of yesterday. My DH and I have been married for about 6 months. We meet and dated for awhile in high school and reunited a year ago. It's been wonderful ever since. The only kids we have walk on 4 paws.....2 cats that are 8 and 10 years old. I work as a cost analyst and DH is a carpenter.

The dieting and exercise I've been doing since Dec. hasn't moved the scale at all. Very frustrating!! Even though DH says my stomach isn't as "hang-y" as it was. So, I'm switching things up and focusing on the 4HB plan. It's actually very similar to the plan my trainer had me on back 5 years ago and I know that worked for me, so I'm hoping the 4HB plan can shake up this weight and get it to melt away for good this time. I also just finished a month long cleanse, so maybe that helped contribute to the non-bloated look I have now.

Replies