The Best Peanut butter?

Options

Replies

• AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    More and more studies are showing that you should choose almonds over peanuts. Since almonds are a tree nut they are nutritionaly better for you than peanuts wich grow from the ground. I find that the best thing is fresh grind almond butter or organic almond butter. If you are still looking for a healthier peanut butter, 365 Organics at Whole Foods has a wonderful selection of no sugar added peanut butter.

I get kidney stones, so I can't eat almonds...too high of an oxalate level. :sad:
  • fitfocusedfamily
    fitfocusedfamily Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Natural is best, always! Smucker's Natural is great. I prefer fresh ground, which I buy at Whole Foods, along with fresh ground almond butter. I love almond butter and I'm not a big fan of almonds.

The problem with JIF, Peter Pan, etc., is that they add a lot of sugar, oil, salt, other chemicals non-scientists cannot pronounce. It is not good for you. PERIOD.

Natural nut butters should not have much oil floating on top of it at all. If it does, they have added oil to it. Nuts naturally have oil. Oil will always rise to the top which is why it is there. You MUST stir it in and you MUST refrigerate it. Once it is refrigerated, the oil will not rise to the top.

Don't get caught up on products just because they claim to be "natural" and have "no saturated fat." ALWAYS read the nutrition information and ingredients. Natural nut butter ingredients should list only ONE ingredient!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    Adam's no stir..... all natural with NO added sugar! :-D YUMM I love the crunchy one!
  • Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I eat two kinds... Smart Balance Natural creamy Peanut Butter and Smuckers Natural Creamy. Taste wise I love the SMart balance one better. I eat it on top of a caramel rice cake... yummy!
  • pjsma11498
    pjsma11498 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Peter Pan Whipped peanut butter, less sugar.
  • LDTMROADRUNNER
    Options
    Peanut Butter and Co. is the best tasting by far. They have varieties such as white chocolate wonderful, dark chocolate dreams, cinnamon raisin swirl, and bee's knees with honey. I don't think the calories are two high, all around 170 for two Tbsp and it is all natural. I get mine from my local Walmart.
  • JennaK
    JennaK Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I use an organic natural peanut butter called MaraNatha. It''s sooooooooo good. After having it, I could not go back to Skippy or Jiff or anything like that because I find it tastes waxy after eating the real thing!! You have to stir in the oils like with most natural peanut butters but it is sooo sooo worth it!!

I've tried the MaraNatha almond butter but I find it kinda bland.

http://www.worldpantry.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/CategoryDisplay?cgmenbr=172832&cgrfnbr=191650
  • jessieinblue
    jessieinblue Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I saw that you are heading to Trader Joe's. I love, love, love their store brand organic peanut butter. I get the creamy salted, but I've heard good things about the crunchy version as well.

I also really like their unsalted almond butter.
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Best is natural organic where the only ingredient is Peanuts, anything else added makes the product less healthy.

Any other preservatives perhaps, bit not anything else.

I enjoy Naturally More peanut butter which has omega-3 and flax seed oil (healthy fats). its sold at Walmart.
  • sara_xo
    sara_xo Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Kraft Natural Peanut Butter. :) more than half the sugar in normal pb.

If I eat real peanut butter, it's Kraft Whipped Peanut Butter. omg soo goooood
  • madijo41
    madijo41 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Almond butter, studies show that almonds are good for depression.
  • briteyes
    briteyes Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Homemade!

We got a Vitamix for Christmas, and made homemade peanut butter. It's so simple! We put the peanuts into the mixer and let it do all of the work. We added some honey, but nothing else, not even oil! My son loves it on his PB&J sandwich for lunch! I'm going to have some in a few minutes with my celery.
  • Shell521
    Shell521 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    YAY thanks everyone for all the replies! There seem to be a lot of peanut butter lovers out there :)
  • Cbandelier
    Cbandelier Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of Jif and Peter Pan, but I am making the switch back to natural Smucker's and am finally getting to love it.

I recently tried the Maranatha almond butter and it was actually pretty gross (it was a variety with no added ingredients). I am sure there must be some better tasting ones out there.

Oh, I also recently tried sunflower butter and it is delish!
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    Maranatha - Organic Creamy Peanut Butter it is so yummy and LOW SODIUM quite inexpensive.
  • monikagood
    monikagood Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If you have a Whole Foods around, you can grind your own peanut butter or almond butter (super yummy). It's completely fresh, with no preservatives, and absolutely delicious!:smile:
  • jesseroyal
    jesseroyal Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I enjoy Naturally More peanut butter which has omega-3 and flax seed oil (healthy fats). its sold at Walmart.

me too. yum.
  • jesseroyal
    jesseroyal Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    repost
  • stargzrlily
    stargzrlily Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I decided to try Smart Balance and it's yummy!
  • stargzrlily
    stargzrlily Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I decided to try Smart Balance and it's yummy!