Cheat Day??

Options
Ive been doing so well counting my calories,eating and excercising for the past 3 months. Last night I went out with friends to dinner and drinks (allowing myself a cheat night) and ate pretty much everything I was offered. I think I consumed about 3k calories yesterday in bar drinks, apps, dinner and desert. I woke up this morning with a slight hangover and HUGE rounded tummy. Did I just mess up all my efforts for the past 3 months?

Any more seasoned MFP's that can give advice?

Replies

• Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    No you are just bloated, it will go back down. All that stuff will make you retain water and feel gross for a day or two

It is good to have a cheat day once in a while, actually helps your metabolism
  • patio1313
    patio1313 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Get back on track and whatever you gained back should come off pretty quickly. I usually have a day or two each month where I allow myself to "be bad" and that sometimes works to "trick" my body's metabolism
  • lisamsyang
    lisamsyang Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Someone else may say differently but don't beat yourself up for cheat night. Yes you went well over what you should have but you're only human. Just use this as a reminder that although you want to go out with friends and enjoy, you should really plan ahead what you want to eat/drink. Remember why you wanted to diet and why you want this life style change. It's not about giving up what you love, just being more aware of what you put in your mouth or how much you consume. Keep focus, you've done well so far if you've been doing everything right the last 3 months. We're all aloud to have cheat days but just be conscious of how you cheat. If you do this on a weekly basis, you'll end up gaining what you lost. Keep site that the goal is near so you want to stay focus.
  • jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Its good to have a cheat day now and again...it actually helps your metabolism...keeps it guessing. Not to mention it gives you something to look forward to once in a while, which will help you stay on track the rest of the time.
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    occassional cheat days are well and good. the tricky part is to not throw your hands up and give in because you did so - at least, that is my big issue with my cheat days. if you can go all out and bring yourself right back in without beating yourself up about it or extending your cheat day into a cheat month, you'll be just fine. stay the course!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry. Make sure you drink plenty of water. If you gained any weight, it's just from your body holding onto some water, it will go away in a few days.
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    I'd stick to my non-cheat plan for the rest of the week and weigh in as normal at least 5 days after a cheat (or on my normal weigh in day if it is 5 or more days after the cheat). I always see losses. Always.

Charmagne
  • daddyzgurl
    Options
    Thank you to all who posted :)
    I am happy to report that after eating a bit lighter yesterday I am back on track!!