Victorious Fitness Challenge. . .June 9

yoginimary
yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
It's a new week and a moderate exercise one for me. Though I didn't do weights or classes last week, I still kept the calorie burn to 750+ (except yesterday). Like WL, it's hard for me to eat less, so hopefully I won't go over by much.

My back is still making me aware of it's presence. It doesn't really hurt, so it's hard not to go ahead - I've heard horror stories of back pains, so I'm going to wait until it's 100%. I really should do some easy weights though so I don't completely atrophy.

Yesterday was lots of walking, since the gym was closed. I didn't do a video because it was too hot and I was bummed out about a friend. Today is more walking and yoga class. Another really hot week ahead. Looking forward to Saturday when the high is only 95.

Mary

Replies

• yoginimary
    It's a new week and a moderate exercise one for me. Though I didn't do weights or classes last week, I still kept the calorie burn to 750+ (except yesterday). Like WL, it's hard for me to eat less, so hopefully I won't go over by much.

My back is still making me aware of it's presence. It doesn't really hurt, so it's hard not to go ahead - I've heard horror stories of back pains, so I'm going to wait until it's 100%. I really should do some easy weights though so I don't completely atrophy.

Yesterday was lots of walking, since the gym was closed. I didn't do a video because it was too hot and I was bummed out about a friend. Today is more walking and yoga class. Another really hot week ahead. Looking forward to Saturday when the high is only 95.

Mary
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    OK, so in order to change up and re-concentrate on my workouts, I've moved my "cardio days" to MWF and Sun. I'm also adding yoga back in two days a week to try to deal with stress/anxiety/depression/ blahblahblah. . .grad school.

So, in that interest, I just finished dancing for an hour to burn just over 300 calories (only. . .ugh.) so, later, I'll walk home if it's not raining. I did add the extra scheduled cardio day to try to average 2000 calories a week in burn. Also, on cardio days (remember, I'm eating maintenance calories) I'm only eating half of them back (unless I'm absolutely starving) to create a deficit and hopefully drop some more body fat. I also found a "full body" weight routine that takes 15 minutes, and seems to be easy on my shoulders. I'll incorporate that (no heavier than eight pound dumbells, per Dr.s orders) on yoga days while watching TV, with some abs.

That should keep me busy.

Hope your back continues to get better, Mary. Be careful out there.
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Good Monday morning ladies. Had a long weekend here. Brother-in-law is still waiting for his bypass surgery because the local hospital gave him medication that needs to be out of his system completely before they will do the surgery. Looks like it will be Wednesday or Thursday now. Your prayers and well wishes are greatly appreciated.

I worked outside all day yesterday getting our pool open. We are in the midst of a heat wave so I was highly motivated to get it up & running.

I did the Shred again-I'm doing level 2. I like it alot-mostly because just as I start thinking "when will this torture be over?" it is!

Everyone have a nice day:flowerforyou:
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Good Morning from Cloud 9!

Off topic...things are really great with the ballplayer...but there are some big decisions on the table. He's got another few years pitching for the Cubs and I don't know if I can give up my life to move to Chicago and become a baseball wife. Yet, I love him. What to do, what to do...

More on topic:
    It was a bit of a lost weekend for me -- I still worked out both days but definitely overindulged on the beer and ballpark food. I'm paying the price today. My stomach is just not used to greasy fries and beer...eeeerrrggghhhh. Back on track today though! It's a heavy week for me and my goal is to burn 750+ calories each day.

Mary -- hope your back starts to feel better soon! The only thing to do is to take it easy on yourself and take it slow...what about swimming, especially since it's so hot out there?

Viv -- where did you find your full-body weight class?

Julie -- I know just what you mean about the Shred video! At least it's over soon...

Today:
    ~ Going to spend 90 nonstop minutes in the gym
    ~ Light, healthy meals
    ~ Take my vitamins, drink my water
    ~ No sweets
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Yesterday I picked rocks out of my daughter's front yard for an hour. I don't know what to count it as. They just had the house built and are working on the yard around it and we have to get the rocks out so they can seed it. It would cost a fortune to have topsoil brought in. More rock picking this afternoon. I also gardened for an hour and a half. Just getting the rest of the seeds in and next comes weeding. That will be a daily chore. Then I did some basic belly dance moves with my youngest daughter, just trying to get some more movement out of my back. Don't feel too bad today so i might try some more tonight. I have plans to do my walk this afternoon after the schoolbus run. So I feel like I'm moving more and that is a good thing! I lost all three lbs I packed on during the graduation season. I'm interested in seeing if gardening everyday will translate into lbs lost. I hope so.:bigsmile:
  • yoginimary
    I was having "a moment" - I'll shut up now.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Take all the moments you want!!!!