Pressure Cooker Recipes

Options
does anyone have any good pressure cooker recipes? i just "inherited" my mom's pressure cooker... ok i took it from my dad's house lol... he doesn't use it. anyways, i made a chuck steak int here the other night with just a little seasoning salt, OMG it was great... for a cheap steak so tender... i'm in love with the pressure cooker, and not to mention it's a healthier way to cook... so i'm just searching for more recipes.. ;) thanks everyone

Replies

• SaraEWrig
    SaraEWrig Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I love my pressure cooker. Every few months, I cook a ton of dry beans and brown rice, and freeze. When I'm ready for them, I just steam the rice in the micro, or put the beans on the stove. I'm a full time working mom and usually have to have dinner on the table in about 30-35 minutes after getting home in the evenings. The pre-made beans and rice is a huge saver for me - healthy proteins!!! This weekend, I'm doing black beans to freeze.

I regularly also pressure cook whole chickens. When the are cooled, I shred the meat and freeze for later. I usually have 3-8 ziplock freezer bags of shredded chicken in my freezer for any kind of meal needs! (stir fry, soup, burritos, pulled sandwiches, etc!)

Have fun - I love mine!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I like to take a whole chicken and pressure cook it with onion, carrots, and celery. For a thawed chicken, it only takes about 25 minutes. The chicken shreds super-easy and I use it in chicken salad, casseroles, quesadillas, etc. I strain the mushy veggies out and then I have a gorgeous stock! I usually add some water to it and a little bit of salt, but what's nice is you can control the amount of sodium you put in it. I use the stock for a ton of different things. If you have some fresh herbs (in the summer, I use parsley, chives, and basil in my stock) you can put those in there too.
  • Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    hmm whole chicken is a great idea.... not to mention much cheaper thanks guys :)