Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Meal Planning Peeps?

So I am a MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) mom and one of the girls in my group was working on her family's dinner menu during our last meeting. It got me thinking that I would like to start doing that, and so far I have the entire month of February planned out. Yay! Almost all of the dinners are healthier than their original recipes (for example, healthier pizza, healthier mac and cheese, etc) and are things my family will eat. Not to mention, they are easy to make, require five ingredients or less, and only take about 30 minutes to get on the table.

So, I've burned myself out on searching for recipes. I have been searching on DinnerMadeEasy.com and CampbellsKitchen.com as well, but I need some new recipes! Can anyone recommend either a website OR their own easy, yummy meals? Below are all of our meal themes I need to fill in:

Soup Sunday
Meatless Monday
Chicken Tuesday
Slow Cooker Wednesday
(Thursday is leftover night)
Fish Friday
Pizza Saturday

I would also like recipes that are easy to portion out and freeze in order to make leftovers more likely to be eaten :)

Thank you all so much!!!

Replies

• TammyBee
    TammyBee Posts: 178
    allrecipes.com is excellent.
  • lexicalabrese
    lexicalabrese Posts: 200 Member
    bump!
  • BECav0602
    BECav0602 Posts: 200 Member
    www.myrecipes.com (the website that has all the Southern Living, Cooking Light, All You, Health) recipes on it. Just be sure to narrow your search by low-cal, cooking light magazine, etc. They also have a lot of lightened casseroles and things that you can freeze.

www.eatingwell.com
  • cj_lee
    cj_lee Posts: 1
    Clean Eating Magazine was the best subscription I've ever had! I've thrown away all of my old cookbooks and their website cleaneatingmag.com has quite a few recipes to get you started!
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    allrecipes.com is excellent.

exactly. Plus, I love to cook, so sometimes on my meal plan I just put "chicken breast" and leave it open as to how I will prepare it. Today I was gonna make chicken stir-fry, but when I got up I felt more chicken fajita-y :) Some meals I totally plan, some I give myself wiggle room on and don't be suprised if you plans change daily. I tried doing a plan 2 months in advanced and found myself getting frustrated at my own meal planning. I switched to one week at a time while doing my grocery list and it works better for me, cuz I know the kind of mood I am food-wise. Sometimes I'm in a brown rice mood, sometimes I'm all about potatoes, sometimes I can eat a salad every day. All depends. The important thing is that you stick w/ it no matter how far out you plan it. It really helps me stay on track when I have a set schedual to follow, and I know what's coming, then I can eat my snacks accordingly.
  • reynferg
    reynferg Posts: 1 Member
    e-mealz.com is a great website. They have many different meal plans including low-carb, points plus, and low-fat. They are store specific, and also come with a shopping list. The meals are delicious. There is a cost for the subscription, but well worth it when it saves on the headache of what to make for dinner. ;)
  • Annybel
    Annybel Posts: 62
    "GreenLiteBites.com"
    I just found this site today, but I have found a number of recipes that I like and most of them have nutrition info based on serving size and tells how many servings each recipe produces. A good portion of it is really healthy and low calorie (although I was looking for that specifically).