Eating but not hungry

Options
hummzz
hummzz Posts: 384 Member
I've noticed in week 4 of this journey that I'm not so hungry anymore. I've been forcing myself to eat my lunch even though I may not be hungry. I know I need the calories, but it really bothers me to eat when not hungry. I just really can't believe that I'm not hungry because I already know I'm a hungry biggum! LOL...Anyone else having this issue? What if I skipped lunch and had a bigger dinner? Is that okay?

Replies

• david_swinstead
    david_swinstead Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Skipping lunch and eating a bigger dinner is big no!

Keeping yourself to smaller, more regular meals may seem like a pain at time but it helps keep your metabolism going fast. If you're not hungry just eat a tad less.

Also if you skip lunch then you may be so hungry by dinner time that you could be tempted to gorge. That's not good.
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    You could just have a big dinner, but spreading out your meals makes your metabolism run faster (your body doesn't think you're starving mid-day). A fast metabolism means you're burning more calories in the day by doing nothing!

So it's up to you.

Personally I'm never hungry and that's why I need to gain, lol.
  • cerysrhi
    cerysrhi Posts: 262
    Options
    I don't see the point of eating when you are not hungry its a sure fire way to make yourself sick as long as you eat a good number of calories this site recommends 1200 or it tells me off for eating too then when you eat them should suit you. you may find you need a mid afternoon snack and I can't see a bgger dinner being any problem what so ever you know your body better than anyone else xx
  • digby765
    digby765 Posts: 163
    Options
    I would say the best thing may be to eat several smaller meals than one big one, my understanding is that it's kinder to your body. If you eat a large meal later in the day it could leave you feeling slow. I read recently that the bulk of your daily cals, should be eaten before 7pm if possible, that way your body has a better chance of burning them.
  • aks1985
    aks1985 Posts: 27
    Options
    yeah i'm having the same problem now

i had a huge dinner like from 7pm-10:30pm and i haven't had breakfast/lunch all day. I'm not hungry and nor is my stomach growling. I don't want to eat if I'm not hungry. However, I don't want my dinner to turn all into fat now? :( is this right/wrong?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    maybe start eating more calorie dense food, that way you eat less quantity for the same calories (switch your milk to a higher fat% from 1% to 2%) Eat full fat versions of cottage cheese, yogurt, salad dressings. Eat a handful of nuts, seeds, or dehydrated fruit as a snack, add avocado to salads and sandwiches. Add olive oil to soups, salads, and sauces. Drink a glass of juice in place of a glass of water.
  • Samana06
    Samana06 Posts: 107
    Options
    instead of skipping lunch, why don't you try "grazing" at lunch ... break it up into 2 smaller meal "times". You're still getting the calories, but you won't feel like you're gorging yourself!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Your metabolism may be starting to readjust to your new weight. It happened to me too, where I just wasn't feeling hungry, and so I didn't eat. Start exercising more and your metabolism will start wanting to put in those extra calories for the burn. It's not a bad thing. Lack of hunger, coupled with not eating, will only slow down weight loss. I agree with spreading your calorie intake into small 200 calorie snacks or meals. Lunch and dinner don't have to be larger portions of food. Those are just 2 of the 3 parts of the day that society focuses their importance of food upon.
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    All great ideas! Thanks for chiming in!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    It's important to listen to the reasonable desires of your body. If you're not hungry, don't eat. If you're hungry, eat healthy. As long as YOU feel strong and healthy, that's what matters.
  • meggersd
    Options
    I guess it depends on your daily schedule but I wake up have a big glass of water before I eat anything then at 8 breakfast 10 small snack 12lunch 2 snack 4 supper 6 snack. MUCH Easier! Keeping your metabolism going is a must!
  • david_swinstead
    david_swinstead Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    It's important to listen to the reasonable desires of your body. If you're not hungry, don't eat. If you're hungry, eat healthy. As long as YOU feel strong and healthy, that's what matters.

So if you're morbidly obese, you should still keep eating all day because you're hungry all day? Don't mean to start an argument on a site I've just started using but I think that's pretty bad advice tbh...
  • aks1985
    aks1985 Posts: 27
    Options

So if you're morbidly obese, you should still keep eating all day because you're hungry all day? Don't mean to start an argument on a site I've just started using but I think that's pretty bad advice tbh...

she said if you're hungry, eat healthy. so even if it is eating a lot of baby carrots..rice cakes.