I wish I had my own private gym.

toots99
toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I live in an apartment so building a gym isn't a solution. I think there should be a gym within a gym...like apartments. You rent your own little gym that's got it's own locker room, one treadmill, one elliptical, one stairmaster, one set of weights and benches. One of everything that a regular gym has. And only you and the gym manager have keys. That way you don't have to deal with people leaving the machines sweaty, or hearing others jabber away on the phone, or see naked people in your locker room, or deal with people leaving their crap around. And yes, this all happened today, in the space of about 90 minutes.

No wonder I'm becoming a hermit. I can't stand people.

Replies

• Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Hey, that is a pretty kool idea. It could be more like a hotel where the ground floor is where the office could be. You could check in and pay your membership and pay for a trainer. If only someone would have the funds to build such a place. That's a really awsome idea. If it were like a hotel room they could have housekeepers come in and clean the equipment as well.
  • toots99
    Exactly! Just like a hotel but instead of bedrooms it's gym rooms! It might be pricier, but I'd pay more to be alone! And they'd be soundproof too so everyone can play their music as loud as they want.
  • First off

Hope your day gets better

Yes people get a little wierd in locker rooms.. and tghey can be slobs.

I remember having to wipe machines off after people have soaked them down......it sucks

Luckily my wife and I have a large basement and our own equip now.

One thing that we used to do is go to a local gym and shower at home...it was a small gym and we went in the a.m. when not too many people were around. It was also open 24/7 so it could accomodate strange hours

We used to minimize what we brought with to eliminate the lockeroom situation as well

I guess what I'm saying in short is

Try to look at some other gyms you may have close to you.....they may have a better atmosphere
  • toots99
    First off

Hope your day gets better

Yes people get a little wierd in locker rooms.. and tghey can be slobs.

I remember having to wipe machines off after people have soaked them down......it sucks

Luckily my wife and I have a large basement and our own equip now.

One thing that we used to do is go to a local gym and shower at home...it was a small gym and we went in the a.m. when not too many people were around. It was also open 24/7 so it could accomodate strange hours

We used to minimize what we brought with to eliminate the lockeroom situation as well

I guess what I'm saying in short is

Try to look at some other gyms you may have close to you.....they may have a better atmosphere

As soon as I hit send, I thought "It's going to sound liek I'm awfully grouchy or having a bad day. I'm not! I still had a great workout! :drinker:

I don't shower at the gym either. I see naked people by my locker. :sick: All I bring with me is a small bag with my keys, towel, headphones, and HRM. And a bottle of water. I wish other gyms were different. But any that I've been to over the last 6 years have pretty much had the same things happen. I just need to get over the fact that some people are inconsiderate and gross. :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.