losing a pound a day eating almost 2000 why might this happe

KathyHjelm
KathyHjelm Posts: 2
edited September 23 in Health and Weight Loss
Looking at what I am suppose to eat I am eating about 2000 cals a day and losing about 1 pound a day to every two days. I have high blood sugar so I wonder if I am suppose to do something different? I do not eat sugar or carbs other than carbs in fruit. Is anyone out there a boarderline diabetic and if so can you tell me if this type of weight loss is dangerous or if maybe I am losing water weight and I will balance-out. I have been on this calorie diet for one week and when I joined the program told me to eat alittle over 1600 calories... :)
thanks! :blushing:

Replies

• ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Typically the first pounds to shed are contributed to water weight. Give it a couple more weeks. If you're still losing at that pace then I am unsure as to what the reason...
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    whenever you change your eating habbits to something healthier, is it for a diet or a lifestyle change, you will lose pretty fast in the first days. This is mostly water weight, also because you eat less sodium, when you eat less at all.
    It will even out after a while and the weight loss will slow down.
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    When I started in June I had a1c of 8.9 in 90 days I got it to 5.3 lost 45 pounds and the first month was very quick. Wait the 2 weeks and see what happens. Are you taking metformin?
This discussion has been closed.