Treadmill calorie count vs wrist monitor

Options
I need some advice. I had been recording the treadmill calorie count, but today I used my MioSport watch calorie count. The treadmill said I had only burned 144 calories, while the watch said I had burned 435 calories. Of course I feel better about my workout looking at the watch, but I don't want to cheat myself. Which one does everyone think I should use and what do you all use?

Replies

• McDougal416
    McDougal416 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I use whatever mfp says. I don't go by what the treadmill says because it doesn't have my weight and height and all of that recorded like mfp does.
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure....if you add it through exercise on here (time vs incline, etc), what does it say?
  • ChristyDPierce
    ChristyDPierce Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    i have a Polar F11 Watch...i go by the watch because it has all of my stats in it....unless it looks TOO way off, like yesterday it said i burned 1158 cals....but i usually burn around 800 or so, so i logged 800 cals...........
    It is extremely difficult to know EXACTLY how many calories you burn....every body type is diff....the watch and treadmill are just estimates :D
  • gates1064
    gates1064 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I make sure I check I HR often so I get a better reading.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I use the one on my iPod touch since I can put my weight into and if I run it keeps up with that too.
  • xXAlana21Xx
    xXAlana21Xx Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    i would just take the average of the 2
    144 +435 = 579
    579/2 =

289 :)
  • Shell521
    Shell521 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good question, between MFP, the gym machines & my HRM watch I ALWAYS get different numbers. Most of the time I just take the one somewhere in the middle lol!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    If your hrm has a chest strap then its the most accurate.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I use the one on my iPod touch since I can put my weight into and if I run it keeps up with that too.

which app is that?