My first 5K

Options
I ran my first 5k this weekend. My goal was to do it in under 30 minutes. I ran it in 27:31 my pace was 8:53/mile. I have never run that far or that fast in my life. Seven months ago I was 59lbs heavier and couldn't even walk a mile without getting shin splints. Now I am signed up for a 10k next month.

Replies

• sneakers71
    Options
    that is FANTASTIC! way to go!
  • nordens
    nordens Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Mate that's awesome! Time to hunt out a 10k?
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    Awesome that first 5k is such a pivotal moment in a runners life :-) I'm very impressed with your time. Any longer distance races planned for the upcoming months? Good luck!
  • Jhjkt
    Jhjkt Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! You should be very proud of yourself!! :)
  • MOMvsFOOD
    MOMvsFOOD Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I want to do one with my daughter in March. It would be part of my sons preschool team, and the race is to raise money for the school department. Its a great cause, but I am scared. Any prep tips?
  • JenniferAutumn
    JenniferAutumn Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I ran my first 5k this weekend. My goal was to do it in under 30 minutes. I ran it in 27:31 my pace was 8:53/mile. I have never run that far or that fast in my life. Seven months ago I was 59lbs heavier and couldn't even walk a mile without getting shin splints. Now I am signed up for a 10k next month.

Welcome to your new addiction! =)

oh- and congrats!
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    ahhh so awesome! you must feel great!

check this link out, one of my favorites!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SbXgQqbOoU
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    That is AWESOME!!! My first 5 k was not nearly that fast. Super job.
  • goatstew
    Options
    You are doing SO good! It is one of my goals to run a 5K someday and you inspire me! Keep it up!
  • shardown
    shardown Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    That's great! I'm still struggling with 3km and can't wait for my first 5k. Keep up the great job!
  • jdigjudy
    Options
    Great job! I agree, "welcome to your new addiction"! It's a slippery slope!!!
  • kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! Congrats!!! Did you notice you ran faster in the race than you ran training?? I started training last summer and was running slow, but everyone told me once you are in the group at the race, you run a lot faster, was that true for you?? Again, congrats, that's a huge victory!!!
  • golfbrew_matt
    golfbrew_matt Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is an impressive time!
  • hendricks1309
    Options
    That is awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!