WII Fit calories

tiggys
tiggys Posts: 32
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I am going to do my WII Fit active (More workout) tonight. Squash, cardio boxing and step. I normally do 1 hour which says I have burnt nearly 700 calories (I have put the right weight and everything in). Do you think thats right? All advice welcomed.

Thanks x

Replies

• I love Wii fit more workouts! it makes me more sore than anything else I've tried but it always tells me when I work out for an hour that I only burn off tops 350 cals.
  • DaveGlasnost
    DaveGlasnost Posts: 146 Member
    By coincidence I was given access to and tried Wii Fit for the first time last night. Really all I did was plug everything in and get it going, got my fatty-fatty assessment done on me, then I think I played around a bit and burned 19 (!!!!) whole calories, woohoo!!

It does look rather fun, though. Seems neat that you can "run" through a coloful, sunny park even when it's grey and rainy outside. Problem is finding privacy to not look like a fool running in place. I think I like the activities that are more like games for times when I can't avoid an audience.
  • tiggys
    tiggys Posts: 32
    813 calories burnt
  • katcena
    katcena Posts: 326 Member
    I just got a Wii Fit Plus yesterday! Tried it out last night and loved it! I haven't tried everything out yet....but everything that I have tried out is very accurate from what I already knew about my workout calorie burn, etc. You have to take into account the type of exercise and the intensity you are performing the activites at, plus your current weigh, etc. Try putting your exercise info into other online calculators to see if they are all similar? Might help you figure it out. But, my thoughts are it's probably pretty accurate.....I know from my own workouts that low-intensity aerobics for an hour burn about 600 calories.....
This discussion has been closed.