water drinkage...

Options
When they say that it is good to drink at least 8 cups of water..

how many oz would be in one cup? I was thinking that you have to drink eight 8-oz servings of water to get to the water limit. Anyone wanna clarify this for me?

Replies

• liscar
    liscar Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    my doc said it meant 8
  • SevenisHeaven
    SevenisHeaven Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Yup it is 8 - 8 ounce glasses. So approx 64 ounces per day. That is with no exercise-sweating..etc.
  • Nysie5
    Nysie5 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    8 glasses of 8oz
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Eight 8-ounce cups (64 oz)
    More if you're heavier, work out a lot, or are in a hot, dry climate (like Tucson, AZ - where I live). I drink 16 cups most days.
  • wpij25
    wpij25 Posts: 161
    Options
    8 oz = 1 c

therefore 8 - 8 oz glasses of water per day = 64 oz per day
  • alex51026
    Options
    1 cup = 8 ounces. But what i've been told is that it is 8 ounces of fluids, doesn't have to be water per se, but definitely not Coke, Beer, or wine.
  • mellissacase
    Options
    1 cup = 8 ounces. But what i've been told is that it is 8 ounces of fluids, doesn't have to be water per se, but definitely not Coke, Beer, or wine.

Damm, wish I could drink lots of wine. I struggle with drinking fluids, i don't seem to get thirsty and sometimes cango all day with out a drink - very very bad I know but trying to be better with the new health regime!
  • csc101769
    Options
    So does Ice tea count as water consumption? I have to force myself to drink plain water......been getting in about 4 glasses of plain water a day here lately but if tea or juice counts then I'm doing better than that.
  • strandedeyes
    strandedeyes Posts: 392 Member
    Options

I would be careful though when deciding what else to drink. You do not want to drink 8 cups of OJ cause the sugar intake would be through the roof. Although other fluids are allowed, I would say water is your safe bet. Someone also mentioned tea...I think some teas are alright, but always look at the nutrition facts for the teas. You want to make sure you aren't over doing it on sugar again. That usually is the kicker. I know what works are those crystal light packets (i know other companies make them too). That is the best "replacement" in my opinion.

Hope this helps.
  • reesepieces
    reesepieces Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    thanks! that definitely clears up a lot for me...i have been desperately trying to get at 32 oz in every day, aside from the water I drink when I exercise!
  • BFab24
    BFab24 Posts: 66
    Options
    I have discovered and absolutely LOVE the crystal light singles!! They say to add the packet to 20 oz of water but I usually add it to about 35 otherwise it's too sweet for me. They are only like 10 cals a piece and there are so many flavors to choose from. I find plain water boring as well, but with these I find myself getting my 64 oz in almost everyday!
  • csc101769
    Options

Damm, wish I could drink lots of wine. I struggle with drinking fluids, i don't seem to get thirsty and sometimes cango all day with out a drink - very very bad I know but trying to be better with the new health regime!

I am never thirsty either....that's what is so hard for me. I have to force myself to drink anything more than a couple glasses of fluid a day.
  • ymachick
    ymachick Posts: 33 Member
    Options

I was told by my nutritionist that you can count it as long as it's a clear(ish) calroie free, low-carb drink. So, unsweetened tea, crystal light, Powerade Zero, etc. all would be okay. Coke, Diet coke, any juices, etc. would not. Hope this helps.