Any one else doing 1000-1200 kcal/day?

Options
Hi. I would like to have friends that are doing 1000-1200 kcal/day like me. We could support each other. Please, be free to add me! :-)

Replies

• nickybawtree
    Options
    Hi! I joined today and 1200 is more goal. Currently eat between 1500 and 2000 so a big challenge! xx
  • beanaa
    beanaa Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    thats funny.
    i just posted looking for people with a 1200 calorie limit so we can share food diaries.
  • rcurien
    Options
    Hi Eliane,

I'm doing 1200cals a day too - I'm finding though that some days I have to control myself not to eat over 1200 and others I am 300 cals under - are you having the same issues?

I've been doing this for 1 week and I am not noticing any change in my body....

Raphaelle (girl :) )
  • Simonscat
    Simonscat Posts: 249
    Options
    I aim to reach 1200.
    I set mine to 1500 for days when I exercise.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Nah, sorry, I don't starve myself.
  • jnchorn
    jnchorn Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Yes I am trying to stick to around 1000 calories a day. Pretty good for the most part. :)
  • renaconnor
    renaconnor Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Be careful with 1200 cals if you exercise alot!! It caused me to stall...
  • Jcnbarb4RN
    Options
    I am doing 1200 calories per day! It's not really that hard. I don't starve myself and there are days when I go slightly over or slightly under! It's all about what you choose to eat ~ and the choices we make effect the end result! Would love to have more friends to support each other too!
  • ElianeSweety
    Options
    Hi! I joined today and 1200 is more goal. Currently eat between 1500 and 2000 so a big challenge! xx

You are luck to eat 2000kcal/day and look as good as you are in your photo!!! I wish I could be like that! :-)
  • misssuperstitious
    Options
    Feel free to friend me, but be warned, while MFP set me at 1200, most days I burn 1000+ calories working out, so I actually eat like horse :blushing:
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    You should eat at the very lease 1,200 calories a day. If you don't your body will go into starvation mode and it will make weigh lose even harder. Even worse if you work out at all.
  • ElianeSweety
    Options
    thats funny.
    i just posted looking for people with a 1200 calorie limit so we can share food diaries.

Hi sweety! I will add you and we can get in touch often!! It would be lovely: share food diary!!!
  • wiggypooh
    wiggypooh Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm on 1200 cals a day too, and finding it a bit difficult, to say the least. But I'm hoping we can all support each other and get there in the end! :-)

Ann
  • HayesSanborn
    HayesSanborn Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    My calorie goal, daily is 1290. Without training, I have no chance.
  • ElianeSweety
    Options
    Hi Eliane,

I'm doing 1200cals a day too - I'm finding though that some days I have to control myself not to eat over 1200 and others I am 300 cals under - are you having the same issues?

I've been doing this for 1 week and I am not noticing any change in my body....

Raphaelle (girl :) )

No, sweety!
    I don't have days when I am 300kcal UNDER!!! Wow!!! You are my inspiration. :-)
    But, Yes!, EVERYDAY I have to fight to keep in my limits!!
  • ElianeSweety
    Options
    I aim to reach 1200.
    I set mine to 1500 for days when I exercise.

Lets go!! We can do it together!!!
  • tritta01
    tritta01 Posts: 311
    Options
    I keep hearing lots of different things about the calorie intakes, I was told that if you do any exercise that you then need to eat those calories so your body doesnt go into "starvation" mode. I have my cal intake set for 1490 (this was set for my weight) I get daily exercise as I work at the N.H and walk and push residents in wheelchairs. But I am under my calorie intake everyday after the exercise. Which I would think was a good thing, but I'm super confused, and really I am with you all on just trying the loose weight in a healthy way.
  • csc101769
    Options
    Me too!! I always go over my 1200 limit but I feel that if your feeling weak....eat something! I'm trying to wean myself down to the 1200 calorie a day mark but not going to make myself sick trying to lose a couple of pounds.....I have plenty of time to get to my goal weight in a sensible amount of time.
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I keep hearing lots of different things about the calorie intakes, I was told that if you do any exercise that you then need to eat those calories so your body doesnt go into "starvation" mode. I have my cal intake set for 1490 (this was set for my weight) I get daily exercise as I work at the N.H and walk and push residents in wheelchairs. But I am under my calorie intake everyday after the exercise. Which I would think was a good thing, but I'm super confused, and really I am with you all on just trying the loose weight in a healthy way.

http://www.caloriesperhour.com/tips.php
  • AEROBICVIC
    AEROBICVIC Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    i set my cals at 1150-1200 for a few years and now finding it has hurt me more than help me. this is a very touchy subject. if i would have known then what i know now, i would have never set my cals so low with the amount of exercise i do. i have recently upped my cal intake and prepared for what is about to happen. i highly suggest setting up with an nutritionist to help you set your intakes. i wish i would have.