Hot Mom Check In!!! Down to the final 10!

cazaer3
cazaer3 Posts: 7 Member
edited September 23 in Introduce Yourself
My story started two years ago. Wow! It seems so long ago now that I think about it. Two years already! Well anyways, Two years ago I was at my doctors and was weighed. 194 pounds. The scale had to be wrong. How in the heck do I weigh 194 pounds? I was in denial. I was at the doctors to see why my knees hurt so bad. He said he refused to do anything until I lost some weight. Now how does one go about that. I used to be tiny when I was younger. I was head cheerleader, participated in track and very active. Oh this will be simple! I will start running again. Yeah that worked out real well. When you haven't ran in 10 years and think you will automatically be able to run 5 miles like you used to... lets just say that was when my reality hit. I was no longer in shape. I was over weight. I couldn't exercise much besides walking and the wii fit. So that was how I started. 30 minutes every day. In 2 months I was down 10 pounds. 184 I still was overweight but its a start. I then joined Weight Watchers. I did awesome! In 8 months I was down another 35 pounds. 149 pounds now. I was pumped. I went to the doctors told him I lost the weight so he could check out my knee. Guess what he said.... NO! I was mad! No, I was furious. I lost 45 pounds and he wanted me to make it to 130. That is where I am supposed to be according to BMI. He said if I had to have surgery I would be laid up for a while and he wanted me to keep going while I was motivated. Well I started walking 6 miles everyday. I was in pain...but i did make it to goal. I had my knee looked at and he said it was just arthritis. I still can't run and I can't ride a bike with my kids but I am in shape....for the meantime.
Now 8 months later I am buttoning up my pants. They are tight. It's been such a rough year. My youngest son has been in and out of doctors offices almost constantly. No one knows what is wrong. We are on the road traveling, eating what ever is fast and cheap. The weight is creeping up as long as the stress. I didn't work this hard to do it again. As we are finally learning about my son's disabilities, I am also learning that I need to take time for myself. I am no good for my family if I am losing myself to depression. I been exercising everyday. Granted it normally is 15 minutes here and 15 minutes there. It will add up. I don't ever get enough time to do a long work out in. We still have Doctors and Therapy 4 days a week but as he is progressing so am I. I can do this!!!!

Replies

• TeddyCharlton
    TeddyCharlton Posts: 46 Member
    Wow, great attribute to your personal constitution. You are one strong lady, I am proud of you, and happy that at such a young age you have found what you need to stay balanced:) Your story is an inspiration, as I begin my will to lose...again, and pray that I keep my balance:) Thanks for sharing, your final ten is a matter of time:)
  • Smokechic
    Smokechic Posts: 40 Member
    Yes you can do this! This happens but whats important is getting right back to it. You gained a few pounds and you recognized it and doing something about it before it gets out of control....good for you. Keep your head held high and good luck to you, you got this!
This discussion has been closed.