Mommies supporting Mommies 6-9-08

Options
Hello ladies!

I've been off the radar for a few days. My birthday was this weekend, so I've slacked a little on the boards.

Anyway, just as a check in, I've worked myself up to the 3 mile walk pretty quickly here. I looooooooooove Leslie Sansone. My mom's getting her ab workout and if it's good, I'll probably be purchasing it as well.

Outside of that, I'm doing well scale-wise. I've lost 2 lbs in the week or so that I've been tracking my calories via this site. I also have managed to lose a bit in my measurements. I've been checking in every 3 days or so and so far I'm seeing about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch loss each time I measure. So I must be doing something right.

On the downside, I'm having trouble staying on track in the evening. I do great all day long but once my hubby gets home it's a huge battle of willpower to stay out of the snacks. Hubby is naturally very thin and has a ridiculously high metabolism so he can eat whatever he wants. So, I do really well through dinner, but within an hour of eating dinner, hubby is hungry again and I have to watch him snack on chips dip and ice cream and whatever else he can find. Which is actually physically painful to watch.

Anyone have any ideas how I can get around this evening ritual and accompanying hunger?

Replies

• mrflibbleisvryx
    mrflibbleisvryx Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!

I've been off the radar for a few days. My birthday was this weekend, so I've slacked a little on the boards.

Anyway, just as a check in, I've worked myself up to the 3 mile walk pretty quickly here. I looooooooooove Leslie Sansone. My mom's getting her ab workout and if it's good, I'll probably be purchasing it as well.

Outside of that, I'm doing well scale-wise. I've lost 2 lbs in the week or so that I've been tracking my calories via this site. I also have managed to lose a bit in my measurements. I've been checking in every 3 days or so and so far I'm seeing about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch loss each time I measure. So I must be doing something right.

On the downside, I'm having trouble staying on track in the evening. I do great all day long but once my hubby gets home it's a huge battle of willpower to stay out of the snacks. Hubby is naturally very thin and has a ridiculously high metabolism so he can eat whatever he wants. So, I do really well through dinner, but within an hour of eating dinner, hubby is hungry again and I have to watch him snack on chips dip and ice cream and whatever else he can find. Which is actually physically painful to watch.

Anyone have any ideas how I can get around this evening ritual and accompanying hunger?
  • amylynne26
    amylynne26 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    hey there! I feel your pain, my hubby is a snacker too. Popcorn helps me.... you can get the 100 calorie packs. I do that and then I have a small sense of victory when I don't share it with him. :tongue: He's on his own getting snacks. I also just try to not buy chips, etc. If he's shopping with me that's tough but if I go without him I can get away with just buying healthy foods. Also, brushing your teeth right after dinner as opposed to right before bed might help.... who wants to ruin a fresh minty mouth with more snacks? :laugh:
  • FUNinTHEsun
    FUNinTHEsun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    i have the same situation with my b/f...he can snack on chips and ice cream all night, every night and not gain a single lb!!! i try to keep healthier, low cal snacks in the kitchen for myself like sliced fruits and vegetables that are ready to eat, no sugar added fudgsicles (only 60 cal) and no sugar added creamsicles (only 20 cal). we can both snack and we are both happy! he has even started to reach for the healthier options sometimes!!!
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!

What is your routine in the evenings? My suggestion would be to find yourself a project (mine is folding laundry in our room in front of the TV for distraction) in another room. Remove yourself from the temptation. My DH is a snacker too so I can relate to your problem. I also combat this with not buying the 'bad' snacks for him. there are no chips in my house anymore, no more diet coke (trying to get him off the aspartme), the only ice cream is sugar free, low fat or fat free, sugar free chocolate pudding has been added to the lineup and sugar free jello with cool whip. Take control of the pantry and make him get healthy too!! just because he is skinny doesn't mean he is healthy, right?!

Alot of MFP'ers also find that sitting here online typing keeps food out of their mouths!! :laugh: