19 days to be swimsuit ready!

Options
*gulp*

This is a blessing and a curse all in one.

I have 19 days before I take off for Portugal and I need to be swimsuit ready by then.

What can I do in 19 days to do this? I know that quick fixes aren't the best way (and I'm not talking about going under 1200 cals or anything like that), but is there anything I can do to help nudge my body in that direction?

(I'm already not eating fried foods or drinking pop or alcohol.)

Thanks!

Replies

• uwhuskygirl
    uwhuskygirl Posts: 320
    Options
    *gulp*

This is a blessing and a curse all in one.

I have 19 days before I take off for Portugal and I need to be swimsuit ready by then.

What can I do in 19 days to do this? I know that quick fixes aren't the best way (and I'm not talking about going under 1200 cals or anything like that), but is there anything I can do to help nudge my body in that direction?

(I'm already not eating fried foods or drinking pop or alcohol.)

Thanks!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? Wouldn't it serve better to do more toning at this point verses going for pounds lost? Lean muscles from yoga, pilates? How exciting! What a great trip that will be!
  • uwhuskygirl
    uwhuskygirl Posts: 320
    Options
    How tall are you? Wouldn't it serve better to do more toning at this point verses going for pounds lost? Lean muscles from yoga, pilates? How exciting! What a great trip that will be!

5'2"

Will I see a difference in 19 days from weights/yoga/pilates?
  • timisw
    timisw Posts: 391 Member
    Options

5'2"

I think that is the big thing. You could definitely see some differences in 3 weeks in weight... but would you be losing good weight (ie FAT), or would you just be dehydrating yourself and/or (worse) losing muscle!

I think your best bet would be to increase your cardio (running), but dont forget to increase your calorie intake as well!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options

5'2"

I think that is the big thing. You could definitely see some differences in 3 weeks in weight... but would you be losing good weight (ie FAT), or would you just be dehydrating yourself and/or (worse) losing muscle!

I think your best bet would be to increase your cardio (running), but dont forget to increase your calorie intake as well!

I agree w/ Tim!.:wink: ....I'm also 5'2"....I dropped some weight and then the losing pounds just kind of stopped....but my inches kept going....I was eating about 1400-1600 cals a day and running a lot....so my net cals were still 1200....in about a month I lost about 6 more inches...all over total of 20 inches woo hoo!!! so you can do it....and being short, when you lose you do notice it sooner so I think you'll be okay...just be healthy!

just my opinion and good luck!
    hugs!
    Ali
    Ali