bike helmets

peej76
peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
My 13 year old broke his bike helmet a couple of weeks ago, and we've checked everywhere, and can't find one to fit ( he has a super huge head lol). Does anybody know of some place they sell larger bicycle helmets? We can't even find one like the one he broke, which was kinda like a skateboarding style helmet. He can't ride his bike until he gets one, because where we live you can get a major fine if your under 16 and riding a bike without one. I'm hoping not to spend a large amount of money, any suggestions will be appreciated, thanks guys!

Replies

• peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    My 13 year old broke his bike helmet a couple of weeks ago, and we've checked everywhere, and can't find one to fit ( he has a super huge head lol). Does anybody know of some place they sell larger bicycle helmets? We can't even find one like the one he broke, which was kinda like a skateboarding style helmet. He can't ride his bike until he gets one, because where we live you can get a major fine if your under 16 and riding a bike without one. I'm hoping not to spend a large amount of money, any suggestions will be appreciated, thanks guys!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Got a Toys R' Us around?

I'd say check the internet. You can usually find anything on the world wide web. That's how we order my brothers size 17 shoe.
  • stschulz
    stschulz Posts: 340
    Check www.nashbar.com or www.rei.com or www.performencebike.com.

Between theese 3 you'll find almost any helmet that is on the market.
  • wtchywmn
    wtchywmn Posts: 193
    We got ours at a bicycle shop, my 13 year old son has a very large head also, and he needed an adult size.