vietnamese food

Options
I'm going for dinner tonight to a Vietnamese place..any suggestions on healthier selections there that I should order? I was thinking the pho...

Replies

• thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    pho is not too bad.. check out this website.. it hgas all the calories of the most poular viet food..

http://www.xuvn.com/foodofvietnam/vietnamese_food_calories.htm
  • jillerin457
    Options
    Pho is definitely a good idea -- lots of clear broth and fresh vegetables. They also serve many dishes with steamed rice, lean grilled meat, and raw vegetables on the side. The worst things are probably any Vietnamese curry, the sandwiches on French bread, and of course the amazing fried egg rolls (so much better than Chinese, but definitely not health food!).
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I like the vermacelli salad. Pho is good too! The hoisin sauce is not too high calorie either.
  • KatieWunder
    Options
    Jealous! I love pho and it is so very healthy. Our favorite vietnam restaurant closed : (
  • nessafly
    Options
    Just had for lunch yesterday, I had pork vermicelli (about 2 cups). Was so good!!!
  • monikagood
    monikagood Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The website Thecanface gave is GREAT! It shows not only Vietnamese food, but also Chinese and Thai. Loads of great information on the site, and ways to cut down the calorie intake from these meals. Thanks!!