Support and Advice Needed!!!

pschue
pschue Posts: 12
edited September 23 in Motivation and Support
Hi Everyone!
So lately, I feel like I've hit a plateau in my weight loss. I haven't lost the motivation, thankfully, but I feel like I'm my way to it. I have lost about a total of 19 pounds, and over the past 2 weeks I just haven't lost anything. I'm 5'9 and currently 184 pounds. I have been eating around 1200-1400 calories a day, and I workout for about 2 hours a day. I have about 15 to 20 more pounds to go. I just would like to hear any advice that anyone has; good weight loss tips. Especially if there are any women who are similar height or weight. Just encouragement of any kind would be nice!
Thanks everyone! :)

Replies

• byers001
    byers001 Posts: 6 Member
    I'm exactly the same weight and height! I would like to get to about 160. One thing that actually does work is if you "jump start" your metabolism. Sorry if someone already suggested this or you know about it already...but anyway, you just take a day and eat what you want (within reason, of course). But you could do something like go to a buffet for dinner and not worry about the calories for that meal and eat reasonably for your other meals. This is a way to jump start your metabolism. What's probably happening is that your body is used to the amount of calories you've been consuming so you stopped losing weight. Your metabolism is standing still, for lack of a better way of saying it. So bumping up your calories once a week or every two weeks is a good way to keep losing weight. You can probably read about it on the internet somewhere, but it is true. Good luck! We can do it!!
  • Have you tried changing your workout routine? You might need to change it up a bit. Are you giving yourself a day off every week? Your body needs to rest in order to loose weight also. I lost 15lbs on my own with working out and paying attention to what I ate and did not drop a single pant size! Very frusterating although I could get my wedding ring on again for the first time since I had my son 3 years ago. Then suddenly no more would come off. I eased off and maintained the weight loss. Now I am doing a different workout and the inches are finally starting to come off my waist.
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Are you eating your exercise calories?
  • pschue
    what do you mean?
  • pschue
    Thanks! That's really helpful!
  • outersoul
    what do you mean?

Let's pretend your daily caloric intake is 1200. If you exercise and burn off 300 calories, you should try to eat 300 more to get back to 1200.

1200 (daily intake) - 300 (exercise) = 900 net calories
    900 (net calories) + 300 (extra meal or snack) = 1200 (daily intake)
  • pschue
    Wow, I didn't know that. Because I eat about 1400 calories, and then I usually burn about 1127 on the elliptical for about 90 minutes. But I never eat all the calories back... I'd have to eat 2500 cals?
  • outersoul
    Not necessarily all of them but get as close to 1200 as possible. That seems to be the magic number. At the rate you eat and exercise, your body is living off less than 300 calories. That's not good. Your body will rebel and hold on to as much fat as possible to to stay alive.
This discussion has been closed.