This is weird?!?

Options
I have lost about 14 lbs. since I started.. but the weird thing is it doesnt seem to be coming off my problem areas.. Like my stomach and my double chin. I only have about 10 more lbs to go until my goal is met but I think I may have to lose more to get rid of all my belly fat... The scale is reading 14 lbs lighter but I am not seeing any difference?? Does anyone have any suggestions?? Anyone have this problem??

Replies

• MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Check your fingers and your feet. That's where mine came off first.
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Gotta love our bodies! Where have you measured? I measure my bust, waist, hips, and thighs. Sometimes I lose around my bust area but not anywhere else. You can lose fat on your arms, neck, legs, butt.....anyplace you can put fat on it will come off from, just not always where we would like to see it gone from first.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Mine started in my face and chest then my butt then my middle.
  • momwifenurse021406
    momwifenurse021406 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My ring is lose. But the whole 14 lbs couldnt bejust from there lol
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I lose my boobs first D: haha i dont mind. but I would sure like less of a tummy xD
  • tndavis78
    Options
    Are you working out? I found that when I started working out in addition to eating healthier I have toned up more, which in turns means flatter belly ect.... I currently am doing the "30day shred" by Jillian Michaels and I have lost inches in upper and lower stomach......if you aren't working out I would suggest something as that would help you to tone some of your "problem" areas and lose inches not just lbs.
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Are you just using your eyes to measure your problem areas? My eyes are not very honest with me when it comes to my problem area. My upper arms, hated them, anywaaaaay....I swear the last 5lbs of my weight loss was all in my arms. But did I see that? Did my eyes tell me that?...not really. Luckily the tape measure doesn't lie and I was able to tell my eyes to back off and let the tape do the talking in this case.

Good luck with your journey, you're doing a really great job.
  • katnevsmom
    Options
    I'm noticing that my chest and my thighs are going first...unfortunatley those areas weren't bad to begin with:) All of my pants are still fitting ok around the middle but it looks like I have WAY too much material in the legs! I'm sure after a few more weeks we will start losing where we need it.
  • parakeet
    parakeet Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Yes, I think to lose weight to feel and see it you need to workout as well.Tone your body and make the lose skin tight.Maybe you find some nice workout DVDs for home.Pilates is really good!
  • LoveLaughLive1
    LoveLaughLive1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I asked my personal trainer about this and what he said about belly fat is that the best way to get rid of it is to change your eating habits. He said that the best thing you can do is reduce your carb intake. That being said carbs are really important! So the trick is to eat them in the morning, maybe at lunch and never at supper. Because your body transforms carbs directly into energy, you need it at the beginning of the day but if you eat them at dinner, your body stores them as fat because you haven't had the chance to burn them off yet. I don't know why it comes off the belly but he said that so many of his clients who had this problem noticed a HUGE difference in their belly bulge when they rearranged their carb intake. So that's what I'm doing to get rid of my gut. Only on week one, so I can't tell you about the results yet...
  • motherhippo
    motherhippo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've always heard that you gain from the bottom up and lose from the top down which is totally unfair! I have found this to be true unfortunately. :sad:
  • addman72
    addman72 Posts: 220
    Options
    Im skinnier in the face and in the chest. I havent lost much off the belly as of yet
  • MemphisMarly
    Options
    I asked my personal trainer about this and what he said about belly fat is that the best way to get rid of it is to change your eating habits. He said that the best thing you can do is reduce your carb intake.
    This! It has helped me lose so much from my waist. I have gluten sensitivities though, so it was extra good for me to get off wheat. Is you stomach sensitive to any type of foods?
  • tatiana_13
    Options
    I am the same as Lauren's trainer. I cut wheat and sugar out, and lost 5 pounds...all from my belly. Now. Did I have "abs?" No. It wasn't magic! But I was really amazed at how much a diet change could effect my stomach.

I will say I got similar results from high intensity interval training. I went to Guatemala for 3 weeks and stayed with a family and was fed lots and lots of bread and corn. Came back TOTALLY bloated. Ran intervals for a week and lost 8 pounds of bloat...all from my middle. It was sort of amazing.

So, I think if you're not just talking about a "pooch" that everybody complains about, but an actually "belly," you probably have a mild insulin resistance that you're going to have to work to counter by either changing your diet, or by trying some sort of exercise routine that combats it, like high intensity interval training.

Good luck!
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    My body likes to play catch-up with my weight loss. It will sometimes be weeks before I notice a difference.

But it DOES catch up.

Hang in there
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    I've always heard that you gain from the bottom up and lose from the top down which is totally unfair! I have found this to be true unfortunately. :sad:

So true!