5-6 mini meals a day

Options
I started eating 5-6 3-400 calorie meal yesterday and boy...what a difference. I used to usually do bf, lunch, and then dinner and a snack. I used to be starving by the time I ate again. However, since eating smaller meals throughout the day, I am not even really hungry but I know it is time to eat something again. I am still consuming the same amount of calories. Let's see how this holds up on the scale. I am 5'4" and weigh 138. I have weighed that since I started really working out hard a year ago. It seems so hard to drop the weight =(
I went over 130 when I went to a police academy style training and have not been able to get under 130 again. But, while at the academy, I did drop 8 % body fat.
Anyone know a cheap and accurate way to have my body fat/ inches measured?

Replies

• tatwood106
    Options
    Do a search for 'True Body Fat Calculator' or try this site:

http://www.healthcentral.com/cholesterol/home-body-fat-test-2774-143.html

Or Your Doctor can make these measurements.

Unfortunately the BMI calculators do not take into account Lean Muscle Mass.

good Luck!!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    5-6 small meals per day is the way to go!

For body fat, pretty much the best you can do at home is use calipers. And for inches, measuring tape. There's a brand called Accumeasure that makes pretty inexpensive ones of both. Check ebay for accumeasure calipers and accumeasure myotype.
  • CarlaAnn15
    CarlaAnn15 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Good Luck to you! I do breakfast, mid-morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack & supper. If I have calories left over, I have a light snack after supper. It does definitely help keep ya full all day!!!
  • stargzrlily
    stargzrlily Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP this past Monday and have followed this plan since then. It is really working for me. I feel satisfied!
    I'm never hungry! I have tons more energy!
  • yalisa0424
    yalisa0424 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the inspiration. It really seems to work!