Replies

• 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    don't forget to fold over the brown paper bag. heh:blushing:
  • seniorfaye
    seniorfaye Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I went into the site to check on alton brown's recipe. I wish I had read it earlier and tried it tonight. Got to try this out for sure... Thanks for all the info I have gotten on here tonight. I had been wondering for a while about what I should do.
  • loushep
    loushep Posts: 191
    Options
    I love popcorn too and have bought a bag to make some myself but i remember my aunt telling me once of an article she read that said popcorn is very high in cholesterol (even plain air popped). I don't know which article she got it from but for anyone needing to watch their cholesterol levels it might be worth looking into.
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    It is a very good snack. I used to eat microwave popcorn all the time. I could eat a whole bag of extra butter/movie theatre butter by myself. Joined MFP and started eating the 100 cal homestyle/butter Popsecret ones. Now, I have a Whirley Pop, and I LOVE it.

I use 1 tsp canola oil, 1 tsp olive oil, and 3 tbsp white popcorn kernels. The only seasoning I use is salt when its done. I never use butter, but it still tastes nice and buttery. One of my all-time favorite snacks. I have it just about once a day. It is about 200 cals and 12 g of fat (because of the oil- and don't be fooled, the kernels themselves are not fat free!). Sure, the 100 cal bags might have a bit less cals, but this is totally unprocessed, tastes way better, and makes way more. And if you want it to be less cals, cut the recipe. Each tbsp of kernels is about 73 cals worth.
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Hubby and i shamlessly share a bag of popcorn a night ... Hey it used to be chocolate!
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Hubby and i shamlessly share a bag of popcorn a night ... Hey it used to be chocolate!
  • seniorfaye
    seniorfaye Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I are also sharing popcorn!! It used to be Blue Bell Homemade vanilla ice cream.. I think this is quite an improvement over that....