i'm 5'5'' 164 lbs......did anyone start here and been succes

Options
I'm fairly new here and would love friends that started around here or have been successful and would like to share thier stories....actually any friends in general would be great! If you have lost the weight , how....what was your routine? Thanks!!

Replies

• watkinsc
    watkinsc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hey! I started out 5'6" 166 at the end of October. I hit 154 earlier this month! I'm taking it slow, working on more of changing my habits, than a quick weight drop. So far so good... ups and downs.... But this community is fabulous! Follow the plan you set up with the website and you WILL succeed. It's when I stray from the plan that I run iinto trouble....

Good luck to you!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I am 5 foot 3 and I started off at 166 lbs and now I am currently around 110 lbs so yes it can be done!!!
  • WonderNoodle
    Options
    oh dear katy.....i WISH i was 5'5" and only 164lbs! i am 5'5" and 207lbs. :sad:

perspective :flowerforyou: good luck to you getting to your goal! :drinker:
  • Drealicious
    Options
    WOw!! i am 5'5, and i started at 164! it has been 2 months, and i am now at 154:) the hardest part is the first 2 weeks
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I started out at 144lbs and am 5'5.5". I've lost close to 14lbs and it's taken me eight months.. but I had a two month hiatus during the summer. I think what really got me going to losing weight was when I started running. I definitely still have moments of weakness though but that's why I use this site. It definitely helps for being motivated and getting advice from others who have been successful and are in the same boat as me!
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Hey! 5'5 164...that was me! Started with mfp at the end of August, and have lost 20 lbs. 145 was my goal, but I'm trying to lose a little more. This has been a great tool , and I feel great. I would be happy to be you friend:)
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome. I'm 5'6" and started at about 160 and have now lost about 34 pounds. I was initially only looking to lose about 25 pounds, but a stressful personal situaion came up and I ended up losing an additional 10 pounds this past summer. It took me a while longer than most people want but since I didn't have a lot to lose I set my goal to 1 pound a week and I also had some knee issues so I had to stop working out for a while.

When I first started I was surprised at how many calories were in the foods I was eating and what an actual serving size was. After about a week of making sure I was logging everything I ate and actually eating the correct serving size I started losing weight. Then I just inccorporated exercising into my routine and I continued to lose weight. I had to eventually mix up what I was doing because my body got use to what I was doing and I wasn't burning as many calories as I had before. Another thing I did was strength training which helps you burn more calories when you're at rest. I tried to workout at least 3 days a week but aimed for 5 days. I first started by going on the treadmill and doing a fast walk, slowly increasing my pace along with the incline to burn more calories. Then I used some workout DVD's that incorporated strength training and fat burning, which is where I saw the best results with toning and calorie burning. Hope that helps you and feel free to add me as a friend. Good luck :smile:
  • msbrown2
    Options
    It encouraged me that you said the hardest part was the first 2 weeks. I'm 5'6" and 154, which doens't sound bad, but I've been struggling to eat well my whole life. I've had anorexia too. so part of me is really scared to be "trying" again. For me, it's not so much about weight loss but changing my habits. I'm only on my third day and so far have been over my calories each day...but I"m learinng a lot and to me, that is success. I do hope to lose weight too, just about 10 pounds, but mainly, i want to stick to eating well and the first two weeks is usually when i quit...so thanks for your encouraging words. : )
  • GolfLady10
    GolfLady10 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'4' and 180 pounds. I started in January and I'm loving it. I go to the gym 4 days a week for 90 minutes of cardio and weights. I am feeling great. I've lost 5 pounds. I just track everything I eat, good or bad and hold myself accountable. Good luck to you. Please feel free to add me as a friend.

You can do this.
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and 162. I started at 179 though....I have been struggling to lose this weight. I wont lie to you, it hasnt been easy, especially since I have been doing this since October and I lost a lot at first (but I basically didnt really eat for a month) but since I hit 166 i have been pretty much stuck since Thanksgiving. But trust me I wouldnt have gotten this far if it wasnt for this site, any other time i would have given up but because i have so much support on here i actually want to keep going :) it is great!! As far as working out I loooove Zumba its a ton of fun!! I also do the Biggest Loser Cardio max dvd and Jillian Michaels No More Trouble Zones---the dvds kick your *kitten* but its totally worth it!! I just want to get to my goal weight of 125 :happy:
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    i am 5'7 and started at 165.5. i am now at 129/130 pounds. my routine was eating 1200 cals a day, working out 30-45 mins CARDIO 4x weekly and i did not eat back my exercise calories except one day a week. it worked for me, but not eating back exercise cals won't work for everyone. i was trying to lose the weight fast for a cruise i was going on. i lost it all in about 4 months and i've maintained about 2 months at this point (lost about 2 pounds since thanksgiving).
  • happybunnysbabe57
    happybunnysbabe57 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    i am 5'3 and i started at 171, i have been trying really hard and after 3 weeks i have lost 8lbs. So lets work together and make it happen. Good luck on ur journey. If u need a friend add me, we can work together.
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'3" and started at 174 (size 14-16). In 6 months I was 142.... which is pretty good for me (size 8). Now I'm working for 130-135. I saw someone here say she was 5'3" and 110- that would NEVER work on me. Seriously, 130 is prolly the lowest healthy weight for my body type (just sayin' we all have different numbers that go with our healthy bodies). But 174 was even more than my pregnancy weight so that was outta control for me.

so, yes, it works. I tried everything else and this is the only thing that works.
    P.S. after i hit 142, I stopped keeping track for six months...and I didn't put weight back on. There's something about this that helps you relearn how to eat healthier or keep a better balance or something. Or maybe I"m just lucky. But I think my habits changed so even when I was being "bad" i wasn't being as bad as I used to be.
  • mist26
    mist26 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7", I started 1/1/11 at 153 and have lost 11 pounds so far. I'm aiming to get down to 120. Most of it just came off once I learned how to control portion sizing. And I don't snack as much anymore because I know I will have to log it. I also have cut back on alcohol. I don't keep it in the house anymore so I won't be tempted to have just one beer (which always turns into 2 or 3, and is chock full of empty calories). Netflix and Hulu both have a variety of exercise videos on instant play that I find useful when I want to change up my workout.
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5 foot 4, and I started out last Jan 2010 at about 170 pounds, in a tight 14 pants. By Sep 2010, I was at 130, and I'm now at 125 and holding, size 4. I'm not sure what my starting body fat was, but I think it was around 30%. I had it measured at 27% when I was at about 155 pounds. I'm now at 18% BF at 125. You can check out my profile pics for some before and afters.

I lift weights heavy and do about 30 minutes on the elliptical 5 days a week. I found that weight loss is mostly diet. Exercise is great for your overall health, and building muscle helps your metabolism, but I found the greatest results when I started eating clean. Lean meats, fresh fruits and veggies, no or minimal processed food, and no added salt. Also greek yogurt and nuts are great for you. Dark chocolate and red wine on occassion, but not too often.

I stuck to the MFP guidelines and ate all my exercise calories. When I plateaued, I cut carbs a bit, upped the protein, and changed my cardio routine. It took nearly a month, but I finally broke through and the weight started coming off again.

My best advice would be to follow MFP guidelines and be patient. There will be ups and downs - you MUST be patient and give your body time to work it all out. Good luck!
  • bethany4
    bethany4 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just started a week ago Monday. I'm 5'4" and my SW was 166. I lost 2# in the first week, but like anyone else, I expect it to all come off all at once. My HW has been 172. I hope to lose at least 10# by late March - really I hope to surpass that. I've lost weight off and on all my life, but every time failed to keep it off. The last time I lost 15# I gave my 'big' jeans to the Goodwill, so I wouldn't use them again. I plan on getting rid of my bigger size clothes when I've lost my goal weight, hoping that will encourage me to keep the weight off this time.
    Good luck with your plan!!
  • markysan
    Options
    I'm 5ft 9in and was 238lbs last May (probably a bit higher, but I dread to imagine lol!). I've been overweight and classed as 'obese' since I was 25 (now 40). So it was a real challenge for me to fight years of neglect of myself. Luckily, my girlfriend found inspiration/reason to lose weight and this helped me immensely. Probably still be big if it wasnt for her.

I'm now 175lbs with 11lbs still to go. I lost alot very very quickly during last summer - calories per day was down to 400-900, which was too low and had me light headed. I stopped this in Sept - my weight was 182, up till Christmas i went to 190lbs slowly. I was happy I wasnt going mad, but saddened I was increasing very gradually (you know, weigh yourself everyday with less and less clothes till your naked - just so it was the same weight as 4 weeks previous fully dressed lol!).

I found this app early Jan this year (new year resolution), started again - now sitting at 175lbs. I want to be 164lbs as this has been quoted to me for soooo many years. Just want to hit it, and maintain for while Then I'm supposedly BMI 'healthy'. That'll be a first in memory .

I dont know when the exact moment was I decided to do it. I just know I here now and still trying, still determined ;-)
  • tstevens20
    tstevens20 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i started here in Jan of this year and I am 5'5 and started at 165. I am a mommy to a little boy who will be 3 in March. I lost 9 pounds in 4 weeks. I stick to my calories and exercise 2-3 times a week for about 30-45 mins. This is the first time in my life I have exercised on a regular basis. I hope to getting adding more exercise as I go along. I have been doing mostly EA Active for the WII for my exercise but will sometimes do Just Dance 2 for a more fun workout.

Good luck!
  • Depplover28
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and I started out in September at 169 lbs. After joing my schools Ulitmate Frisbee team, going to the gym 3-4x a week (plus frisbee practice 3x a week), and changing my eating habits, I've lost 14lbs :] I've been stuck at this weight for almost a month, but I have been losing inches. My goal is to reach 135lbs by May or June. Good luck!
  • lhuber1105
    lhuber1105 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    very happy reading some of these posts--extremely happy for all of you who have lost weight. I just joined yesterday--this is a really motivating site. I have a long way to go 5'6" and 197lbs. I am trying to find people who can keep me motivated--I have some friends who have recently lost a lot of weight so they have inspired me but they have reached their goals and I am just starting. thank you all for you stories.
    Lora
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!