RAVENOUS! Please look and advise....

Options
PLEASE look at my diary for the past week and see if you can give me some advice....as you can see, I eat ALOT of food. I eat breakfast around 0730, snack at 1000. lunch at 12-ish, second snack around 1400, then dinner around 1800. Here's my issue. About an hour after I eat breakfast, I am absolutely starved. My mid-morning snack barely takes the edge off and I'm still hungry until lunch. I eat lunch, I'm ok for about another hour and a half, then ravenous until afternoon snack, which again, does not satisfy. The only time I'm really satisfied is after dinner, and I don't do the evening snack.

I do exercise (almost) daily, but nothing you would call strenuous. I walk around alot at work but it is not a taxing job. I've been at this for a couple weeks now and have lost a few pounds, so it's working, but I would think I would have been used to smaller portions by now.

Any advice is appreciated!

p.s. Liquids are rarely logged unless they are caloric, and I drink AT LEAST 2 liters of water a day. Yeah, I pee alot! LOL

Replies

• theatr3geek
    Options
    Is there any way you could fit more exercise in? I mean, when I lost my first 20 pounds, I was STARVING but I think it's just because we've never let our bodies get to that point. Some of the hunger you feel probably isn't actually hunger. It's probably your brain tricking you into thinking you're hungry. If you find a way to fit more cardio in, you could probably eat more.
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    based on just a quick glance over last few days of menus.. maybe try adding more vegetables to bulk up the meals?
  • veggiegirl314
    Options
    I noticed that you eat a lot of carbs. I know everyone's different, but personally, I find that when I eat a meal high in carbs, I get EXTREMELY hungry shortly after. I think it has to do with your blood sugar spiking.

Try lowering the carbs just a touch and seeing where that gets you.
  • sixxbaby
    sixxbaby Posts: 543
    Options
    I agree with Shelly, I looked at a week's worth and you could eat all the fruits and veggies you wanted. Maybe try some egg whites with some cheese and wheat toast for breakfast, that seems to keep me satisfied and calorie wise it is about the same as oatmeal or yogurt. Egg whites are an amazing source of protein, I noticed you didn't eat fish...do you not like it?? Salmon is so great for weight loss, if you like it...good luck, I am sure your body will adjust.
  • MrsRawwwr
    MrsRawwwr Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I was just going to suggest more veggies :). I aim for 5 servings a day, and when I have that (or more), I feel completly satisfied.
  • recesq
    recesq Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    OMG! You are eating almost nothing but carbs. No wonder you are hungry. You need to start your day with protein and veggies. No simple carbs. Cut the carbs out-simple ones-at least. Tuna and salads. Raw veggies. Lean protein. Cut out the work outs every day. 2-3/week is more than suffieicient. No sugar. No flour. No dairy. No rice. No potatoes. Check out the book- The 4 hour body. You need to eat 20 grams of protein with each meal every day.
  • kellielegg
    Options
    first, eat breakfast an hour later if possible. make sure its high in protien, low in carbs. eat lunch, mid day..and dinner by 7 at the latest. also, if your body is in need of water, it comes off as hunger so make sure your hydrated.
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    A couple of suggestions:

1- swap the empty calories for something more filling. For example, stop using coffee creamer. With these extra calories you could have nearly 2 apples, or most of an entire mango.
    2 - buy low calorie yoghurt
    3 - snack on raw vegetables rather than nuts. While nuts are great source of essential fats and protein, they aren't very filling and are loaded with calories
    4 - make your own soup at home instead of buying packaged. You can control the calories and I find that one big bowl of my soup generally has fewer calories than a bowl of canned/packaged soup
    5 - in general - more vegetables! A side of sweet potato, asparagus, or eggplant with meals adds few calories and can be very very filling.
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Add fiber as something you track on your log. I bet you will be suprised at the amount of fiber you are not getting. You need at least 25 to 30 grams of fiber a day. And most carb loaded things give you very little fiber. It really does help me stay full.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    based on just a quick glance over last few days of menus.. maybe try adding more vegetables to bulk up the meals?

Exactly what I was going to say. Fill up on veggies!
  • Aspynmom
    Aspynmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Thank you all....I know I need to eat more veggies, I just need to force myself. I've never gotten into the habit, I'm from the midwest and grew up meat n' potatoes!

The coffee creamer is the monkey on my back...I do love my Coffeemate! I'm going to try maybe just putting 1 tbs in my first cup then drink the rest black. I used to drink black coffee until my husband introduced me to the frou frou creamers and got me hooked!