Resisitance Training / Bands

Live_To_Win
Live_To_Win Posts: 340 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Are they worth using to get back into things?
What would I log it under?

Thanks!!!

Replies

• ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    I hated mine at first. It hurt my feet to stand on and seemed to tight. Then I hit upon the idea of using my stair banister to wrap it around. Now I use it like you would one of those machines at the gym, no idea what you would call them, but they are the ones with the arm with a cable coming out. Does this make any sense?!? Probably not, lol. But I do use them and have found a lot of wasy to use it in this fashion foran upper body work at home.

Hope this helps!
  • punkrawkcutie
    punkrawkcutie Posts: 439 Member
    I hated mine at first. It hurt my feet to stand on and seemed to tight. Then I hit upon the idea of using my stair banister to wrap it around. Now I use it like you would one of those machines at the gym, no idea what you would call them, but they are the ones with the arm with a cable coming out. Does this make any sense?!? Probably not, lol. But I do use them and have found a lot of wasy to use it in this fashion foran upper body work at home.

Hope this helps!

I had never thought of using them this way! like a rowing machine! i love it!!! thanks!!!
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    I love bands and as you keep using them you feel good when you can move up a color.
  • ErrataCorrige
    I love bands and as you keep using them you feel good when you can move up a color.

Lol, I bought one on sale in my trying anything days, I didn't realize the color mattered to the resistance? Is it a universal thing? Mine is green, is that why it is so hard to use? Oops!
  • ErrataCorrige
    Aha! It's called a Lat pull down machine. I love Google!

I use it a lot at waist level and pull across like I saw Jillian teaching people on Biggest Loser, for ab training.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    When I bought mine years ago it came with a nylon thing to go over the top of a door, then you shut the door and use it like you would a machine at the gym. Depending on your door you can actually do the same with a ratty old scarf looped and tied in a knot, with the knot over the top of the door. I forgot the door thingy when I went on vacation and the scarf worked fine short term.
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451

Lol, I bought one on sale in my trying anything days, I didn't realize the color mattered to the resistance? Is it a universal thing? Mine is green, is that why it is so hard to use? Oops!

haha yep there are levels to them just like how weights go up so do bands...colors are not universal so it would depend on what sort you bought.
This discussion has been closed.