Feel like the wind has been taken out of my sails ...

2»

Replies

• madijo41
    madijo41 Posts: 367 Member
    I was about to write a whole bunch, then Uronlydreaming said it!!!!
  • Othos
    Othos Posts: 33
    I'll second the suggestion of getting free weights, like a set or two of dumbbells. They can often be found at the Goodwill for cheap. If you can't afford weights for some reason, use stuff around the house. A couple milk jugs full of water work great as dumbbells, and you can add or remove water to adjust your weight. Or lie down, set one of your kids on your ankles and do leg lifts. :)

Even with nothing at all you can still do sit ups, push ups, and other non-equipment-based exercises.

I think the key here is to find exercises you can do in your home that are not impacting your heel, but are still making you sweat.
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    I had plantar fascitis too. SO excruciatingly painful.

I happened to be at the mall and went into a store called the walking company. I got on a machine that said what kind of (relatively) cheap orthotics I should get, put them in my shoes and I have not had any pain since. Swear to Pete!
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Oh! And just break down and buy a recumbant. Stick it in front of the TV in the living room, cover the timer with a towel and ride. It's really not that bad if you're not watching the clock and you can do it while your kids are home!
This discussion has been closed.