Been here over a week I guess I better say Hello

Options
Ok in my defense the other day I wrote and awesome intro letter. then my PC crashed and I lost it, so I decided I am just not going to leave an intro. But I like to do the proper thing, and there is nothing greater in life than a proper hello. :)

So here's my tale of weight woe.
I was raised on Junk Food, Mcdonald's, Hardees, Long John Silvers, Needless to say by the time I was 13 I was 162lbs. In my parents defense they thought that crap was actually food.

In 2005 I reached an all time high of 240lbs, But I still looked good heeeyyyyyy! Anyways, I took the plunge and got a Weight Loss Surgery. i got the Lapband Surgery because it was the least evasive IMO, and I only had about 100 pounds to lose. The first two years were great, I got down to 147, I was working out 4 times a week I discovered I am a size 6 in gap jeans at 173lbs, got a whole new wardrobe, Life was GREAT! THEN...

2007 I began remodeling my kitchen, doing most of the work myself, My hubby did plumbing and electrical I did everything else. My eating habits took a bad turn because it was hard to prepare healthy meals when your kitchen is in the back yard. I took the focus off my health. Once I got done with Kitchen I accidently started on the rest of the house. Opps.

So Fast forward to 2009. After all the dust had cleared literally, I realized I had Gained 50 pounds. I am thankful it was only 50, I think without the band it would have been much worse. Oh and out of guilt from the weight gain I also stopped going to see my surgeon for 2 years.:(

2009 I started taking Zumba Classes! In 2010 the Zumba instructor encouraged me to get licensed, I thought sure what a great way to make sure i work out. Well throughout all of 2010 I never lost a pound, Oh did I mention in 2009 I trained for and ran a 13.2 mile half Marathon and still never lost a pound!!!!!! Can't believe I forgot the marathon ha ha.

Anyway 8 days ago or so a friend told me about this site, at first I poo pooed it because I had done site's like this before too no avail. so reluctantly I said sure. THANK GOD I DID! This site is amazing, I love the way it tells me exactly what I need to do to get to my goal food wise, and the food Database is amazing. I workout like crazy but I never got the food part right.

Now it's all coming together and as you can see I have lost 12 pounds so far. I promise I an not trying to lose this fast, It's just I work out so much that I think body was just waiting for me to get the food right so the weight could start coming off again.

So there is my proper hello forgive any typos I am afraid to spell check for fear of another computer crash and another awesome introduction down the drain

Peace out yo!

Replies

• ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I love this site too. I tell al my friends it's like facebook, but no one ever gets tired of hearing you talk about your weight loss!

I love Zumba too, I am crazy uncoordinated, but i try my little heart out! I just try not to catch my reflection and it's all good. lol
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Woman! You have come a long way- and I see another success in your future!! Welcome to MFP- I can't even stand how much I love this site!! I logged my first 2lb loss this week- (lost 12 total since the new year) and I can only see success from here! Feel free to add me if you want, support and positivity is a huge part of this.

You rock!
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You seem like a fun person with a great attitude!
  • leweverling
    Options
    Hello and welcome! Way to go on taking back your health!
  • SERIOUS2
    Options
    Hi, welcome to the community. Good for you in wanting to make a change in your life. I like your positive attitude, you go girl:smile:
  • BlkOnyx488
    Options
    Thanks for the welcoming hellos everyone. I am excited to be apart of something that is working for so many people!
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site!!! It's awesome!!! :)
  • futurend2014
    Options
    I totally understand parents thinking that's food. Mine were raised the same way and they were busy and didn't know any different. Just gotta break that cycle now. That said, thanks for sharing your story and keep up the positive attitude! :-)
  • BlkOnyx488
    Options
    Fast Food is so disgusting once you do your research on it, it can start to tick you off. I hate the way they are allowed to market that crap to children. I have two boys, and I do my best to not make that junk apart of their diet.

But unfortunately when they go to friends houses and sometimes my Hubby will feed them the crap. At least it's not every day. more like once a month if that.

Ok don't get me started on the evils of Fast Food LOL
    thanks for the Hello

I totally understand parents thinking that's food. Mine were raised the same way and they were busy and didn't know any different. Just gotta break that cycle now. That said, thanks for sharing your story and keep up the positive attitude! :-)
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You've come to the right place for support and encouragement! Good luck!
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    welcome to the site!