tossing the scale

Anidorie
Anidorie Posts: 291 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
so my scale is not accurate and i weigh myself too often so i am tossing the scale till i am done dieting then i will see how far i have come along. I have also downed my calorie intake from 1200 to 750. i exercise alot so i will end up eating more like 1000 a day. is that a smart idea or not? I want to loose wight and fast so the less i eat the more i loose right?

Replies

• No. Below 1200 is putting your body into starvation mode...so it will sart storing any fat you eat, and make you gain weight. eat 1200:) but jus excersize a lot!
  • Jenstar7772
    Jenstar7772 Posts: 9 Member
    You might lose the weight faster, but it is much better to stick to the recommended calorie intake because it keeps your metabolism running normal. Try adding little snacks and making meals smaller. And if you workout give your body rest a couple days a week to relax the muscles.
  • Anidorie
    Anidorie Posts: 291 Member
    i dont have time to exercise more then 200 calories a day!
  • It doesn't take long to do 200 calories! I got 280 done today in 30 minutes. Under 1200 won't do you any good in the long-run.
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Actually the opposite is true, if you don't eat enough your body will automatically store the little amount you do take in a store it as fat, knowing that you'll need it later.
    You need at least 1200 calorie (with healthy food choices/vitamins and minerals etc) to keep your metabolism willing to burn excess fat.
    I know it sounds made up but it's actually true! I know, I did the same thing my first few weeks and although I didn't gain any weight, what I did lose came off super slowly, like 0.2 pounds in a week.
    2-3 pound a week doesn't sound like much but give it 3 months, that an average loss of about 20 to 30 pounds, and that is a lot!!!

I don't have time to exercise much either, I have two small kids, just fit in what you can!
This discussion has been closed.