Thinning legs suggestions?

Options
I know this may seem like an odd question, but how can you slim your legs up. I have a problem, because they are very muscular and rub together when I walk. I have had this problem since I was 11 or ten years. Is it genetics? Or is there a secret?

Replies

• Anidorie
    Anidorie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    haha the secret is to stop working them out. its sad but true. stop working them out and the muscles will die and get smaller .yeah its genetics and working them out often.
  • tifanieb
    tifanieb Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    my belief is that it is genetic. My sister inlaw is skinny as a bean pole up top (in a good way) and from the hips down she is really fit and muscular and her thighs touch and rub together. She hates it but i am so totally jealous!!
  • MeghanAM
    MeghanAM Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I've always had enormous calf and thigh muscles, which I think is genetic. Even at my thinnest (and laziest!), they never turned into cute thin legs.

I decided to morph my attitude about them instead: sure, I can't wear cute boots. But I think I can kick a soccer ball hard enough to knock a tree down :laugh: and I always know that if I need to feel better about myself at the gym, I can always count on the leg press.
  • YayMe17
    YayMe17 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I like Pilates for that reason. It really helped me get toned & lean. I have fallen away from pilates but will be going back as soon as I get down in my weight a bit.
  • Jenstar7772
    Jenstar7772 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. Before I started this I wasn't working out and my legs were just jiggly lol so I don't think not working out would help, but I guess I should just appreciate that they are at least toned. Kind of stinks but Ill live lol