Question on C25K

downtome
downtome Posts: 529 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I started the C25K today and I actually was able to complete it! My question is, do I skip a day in between or do 3 days back to back? What do you do?
Thank you,

Replies

• hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    When I did this, I went every other day. Sometimes, I had to repeat a workout because I felt I wasn't ready to move on, but otherwise, the every other day thing worked just fine :)
  • downtome
    Thank you, thats what I thought, besides I think I need the day in between as my back is killing me. I have back problems in the first place and the walk/jog only made it worse but I'm not giving up! Thanks!
  • When I did it, I also did every other day. I had to quit though because I started having bad shin splints. Now that I have proper footwear, I am ready to start again! Keep up the good work!
  • It is designed to do with days in between for recovery. It certainly makes it a lot easier and more likely to successfully complete the program. You can do cross training on the other days if you wish, such as swimming, weights or cycling, what ever you choose! Enjoy. Totally love this program!:happy:
  • When I did this, I went every other day. Sometimes, I had to repeat a workout because I felt I wasn't ready to move on, but otherwise, the every other day thing worked just fine :)

this is true. You can expand the program for another week if you need to (or more) It is up to you. It isn't cheating, just working with your own level! (it isn't a race!)
  • downtome
    Thanks everyone! I'm looking forward to continuing on.
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Whe I first started C25K last year I took a day off in between.

I also had back problems when I started week 2 but the pain stopped when i started week 3.

I'm starting C25k again, week 3 tonight
This discussion has been closed.