Female Supplements - not to help weight loss

Alycyn1980
Alycyn1980 Posts: 62 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi all

This has probably been asked a thousand times but I have not long started using the gym, mainly cardio but a little bit of weights then swimming.

I am not wanting a 'weight loss' pill as I know this will all be down to my eating and exercising but I am looking for something to take prior to the workout to help boost the energy and then something afterwards to help recover. I do not want to build massive muscle but want to tone up and be lean.

I need to lose about 2stone but as long as I tone up I am not to bothered with the actual weight. I want to feel healthier and better about myself in general.

Any info would be much appreciated :smile:

Replies

• JennyJH
    JennyJH Posts: 189 Member
    I like a banana before and sometimes some nuts after rather than a supplement though I'd think some brewer's yeast before wouldn't hurt - jam packed full of B vitamins..

What really helps is plenty of water and sticking with it - it does get easier!

I take a multi vitamin each day - not sure I really need it but my energy levels have increased. However that may be down to (mostly) quitting alcohol, eating healthy and all the cardio!!
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    I just started taking a pre-workout supplement this week.

It's called Jack3d (google or search on these forums). Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday I pulled three hour shifts at the gym (so to speak), attending three classes a night. I definitely found that this stuff gave me more energy to last all three hours.

I also started taking a protein supplement afterwords to aid in recovery, and my body is really appreciating the extra protein hit. I went with the Optimum Nutrition 100% whey (double chocolate). I mix it with fat free milk and it tastes great. The best part is it fills me up for awhile, so I don't feel the need to snack incessantly after a killer workout (which was becoming a problem for me).

Oh, and Amazon seems to have the best deals on all this stuff so you might look there. Both of these products were well reviewed.

I know these aren't the "female" supplements of which you speak ... but my wife is taking them as well with similar results, if that helps. :wink:
This discussion has been closed.