Living near famous people

Options

Replies

• kioga86
    kioga86 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    me too!!!!! i hear he is a little on the odd side, but look at the books he writes...

He is a bit of an odd fellow, but he's really nice actually, his wife is the scary one, lol.

My cousin used to work at the local movie theater as a projectionist, and would tell stories of how Stephen King would rent out an entire room in the theater just so he could watch horror movies. He'd even bring movies he owned on reel!
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Troy Palamalu of the Pittsburgh Steelers co-owns a pizza shoppe up here and stops through every now and then. Thats about as famous as it gets out here!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I was friends with Brandon Barnes from Rise Against in high school. Still friends with his sister. Willie Nelson had a house in our town (Evergreen, CO) but it was seized by the IRS :ohwell:
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    Debbie Rowe (Michael Jacksoin's x-wife & baby mama) lives here in town. My grandma has seen her before. Also Ne-yo's mom lives here. The group All 4 One is also from here they went to the same high school as I did. And the asian girl from Sweet Life On Deck is from here and went to the same [elementary] school as my kids go to. I have been told Ice Cube has a house here too but I am not sure if that ones true. Might be true though. My husband grew up in the same area as he did(ice cube) and used to see him selling cd's outside the barber shop back in the day. Oh And Dr. Dre lives somewhere near Woodland Hills by the college I used to work at. I was working out on the track one day some years back and while I was running on the track I looked up and he was running too. I wasn't sure it was him until I saw his car! Oh yeah that is him! lol
    That's all I can think of right now, but this is Los Angeles County they're everywhere! :laugh:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I live near the author Stephen King. See him and/or his wife Tabitha around town every so often.

OMG that is frickin awesome. I'd trade LA for that anyday, as long as I don't have to live in Maine...(no offense, but you guys are freezing like 363 days out of the year!)
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    I live near the author Stephen King. See him and/or his wife Tabitha around town every so often.

OMG that is frickin awesome. I'd trade LA for that anyday, as long as I don't have to live in Maine...(no offense, but you guys are freezing like 363 days out of the year!)

I know right? :laugh:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    I live in So Cal. Everyone famous lives here it seems LOL

When was a ababy my mom ran into Henry Winkler (The Fonz) at the post office. She asked him for an autograph and all she had to write upon was a picture of me. So he wrote on the back of the picture: Dear Jamie, I hope you have a nice life. Love, Henry Winkler. This cracks me up!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    me too!!!!! i hear he is a little on the odd side, but look at the books he writes...

He is a bit of an odd fellow, but he's really nice actually, his wife is the scary one, lol.

My cousin used to work at the local movie theater as a projectionist, and would tell stories of how Stephen King would rent out an entire room in the theater just so he could watch horror movies. He'd even bring movies he owned on reel!

THAT IS AWESOME>
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    My husband grew up in the same area as he did(ice cube) and used to see him selling cd's outside the barber shop back in the day.

I grew up in cube's neighborhood too, when I was quite young - not a lot of memories. I take it your hubby's from Inglewood, CA?
  • stenochick
    stenochick Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    My cousins live just down the road from Donald Sutherland. He has a house in Quebec. My cousins have run into his sons and have run into Pierce Brosnan around town too.
    ~Melanie
  • sarasotatim
    Options
    Yes, living where I do (Sarasota, FL near Siesta Key and Bird Key), I have quite a few celebs that live within 8 to 10 minutes of me...just off the top of my head:

Stephen King (winter residence), Joe Elliot (Def Leppard), Brian Johnson (AC/DC), Jerry Springer, Tom Cruise (Summer), Pete Sampras (Tennis player), Monica Seles (Tennis Player), Chyna (Former pro wrestler), Martina Navratilova (Tennis player)
  • HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I live in Northern VA and work in DC. I know where a lot of the politicians live. Ooh, I live near Obama (hehe). My bro in law is neighbors with one of the guys from OAR.
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I'm embarrassed to admit that I lived close to this train wreck....Jon & Kate Plus 8!!! THey lived in my town (in that brick cape cod house that was on the show) before they moved to the huge house they have now. I've seen both of them around town a few times and saw 3 of their kids once.

Not too many famous people care to live in central Pennsylvania, LOL!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    i used to run into alot of "celeberties" when I lived in so cal the most memroable was getting kicked out of disneyland for dumping a shake all over Screech from saved by the bell.He was such an *kitten* he even had a little flock of screech groupies
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Living in south Austin, TX, there are a ton of celebrities. I have only met one, at work, Robert Rodriguez, film maker and buddy of Quentin Tarrantino( who, I am told also lives here), and Sandra Bullock of course. Matthew McConaughey has a ranch here, and attends many UT games. I have been told there are a tons more, but I am not sure who or where they are.
  • HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I'm embarrassed to admit that I lived close to this train wreck....Jon & Kate Plus 8!!! THey lived in my town (in that brick cape cod house that was on the show) before they moved to the huge house they have now. I've seen both of them around town a few times and saw 3 of their kids once.

Not too many famous people care to live in central Pennsylvania, LOL!

Check out my picture on my profile page, do we look like them?
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I am soooooooo Jealous of all of you that live close to Stephen King......
    That is all.
  • Julesjhj
    Julesjhj Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Fun thread! In a neighborhood down the street lives rapper Lil John (not a fan but my kids always talk about seeing him) as well as baseball pitcher John Smoltz. I also was at an art opening once downtown and realized I was standing next to Elton John and his partner. He has a penthouse in Atlanta. I went to high school with Julia Roberts.
  • JillyBean819
    JillyBean819 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Johnny Depp has a house in Lymington, not far from me! I've never seen him though! :-( Lol

Johnny Depp was filming latest 'Pirates......' film in Knole Park when we were jogging there recently....didn't see him tho' :sad:

Peter Sissons & Gloria Hunniford (saw her in Tesco once) both live in Sevenoaks, and Cheryl Baker (Bucks Fizz) lives about 5 miles away & is regularly in the local paper.

There's a rumor that he may be filming here in Michigan soon. I fully plan to go into stalker mode when he does. :smooched:
  • daryls
    daryls Posts: 260
    Options
    We live in Burbank, CA so there are lots of celebrities around here. This month, at our local AMC mall area (.5 miles from our house) was Tom & Katie and Justin Bieber & Selena.

Just a normal week here in LA..... But, I have a normal life, job, family.....