~*~30 day shred & 6wk 6pk~*~

pocketsam
pocketsam Posts: 134
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Hiya. I ordered these two dvd's from Amazon yesterday and excited for them to arrive and get started. I really want a super toned dancers body not just the slim dancers body that I have now LOL. So I really have to go for the extra burn that is different to the amount of dance I do in a day plus free weights.

Anyway - I would love to see some before and after pictures if anybody is willing to share? The extra motivation would be great ^^
Or anybody else just starting out with this programme who wants to friend? help keep each other going?
Sam :)

Replies

• docturtle
    docturtle Posts: 156 Member
    I had been thinking that it would be cool if my fitness pal had a place to put a before and after pic. as the profile pic. Your profile pic is cool. : )
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    I'm on day 3 of the 30 day shred! Will be happy to friend you.
  • pocketsam
    Thanks guys :))
    LOL on my pic. That's my patterdale, Tess ^^
  • bump
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    I have the 30 day shred dvd, but I have not used it. I tried once and it was too hard on my knees and wrists. I have found ways to modify, though, and I have been exercising every day for the past month, so maybe I could do it now. I had just decided yesterday that I wanted to try again.

When are you planning to start? I was thinking of starting on February 1st. Starting on the first of the month makes counting the days easier! It would go through March 2nd, then. But, starting on Sunday would work too, because then it would go through the last day of February would be 30 days.

Are you supposed to do this workout every day? She does strength training, and it's the same workout over and over until you feel ready to move on. But you're not supposed to do strength training daily, at least not on the same muscles. You're supposed to leave a day in between for the muscles to recover. I have a friend who says you're supposed to do it every day, and another friend who says every other day.

I'll send you a friend request. :)
  • SarahRuth♥
    I just noticed you said that you just ordered the dvd's. So you probably don't have them right now to start. I'm okay with waiting until they arrive so we can start together, if you'd like! I promise I CAN count days... LOL! I just like to find ways to not have to think about things when I can. :)
  • pocketsam
    Hiya,
    I just got an email saying they had been dispatched. So if I am REALLY lucky - maybe arrive tomorrow? If they do I will start Sunday since I already do Zumba Sat morning. I am going to try switching between the 2 DVDs on alternate days. Will let you know when they arrive yeyyy :)
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    I ordered these and got them the other day along with kettlebell workouts with Bob and another with Jillian......have not tried them yet though! I got a kettlebell set for my birthday so I want to try them out 1st! :)
  • hungrymarathongirl
    hungrymarathongirl Posts: 444 Member
    I ordered these and got them the other day along with kettlebell workouts with Bob and another with Jillian......have not tried them yet though! I got a kettlebell set for my birthday so I want to try them out 1st! :)

I love doing kettlebell workouts...they are awesome and apparently you burn 400 calories in a 20 minute workout! I have Jillian's and having been doing it for about a month....I love it!!!! I really want to get one of the Bob's as well. What did you order?

I also do JIllian's 30 Day Shred and Six Pack...they are both great too. I was surprised what a workout the ab one was.
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member

I love doing kettlebell workouts...they are awesome and apparently you burn 400 calories in a 20 minute workout! I have Jillian's and having been doing it for about a month....I love it!!!! I really want to get one of the Bob's as well. What did you order?

I also do JIllian's 30 Day Shred and Six Pack...they are both great too. I was surprised what a workout the ab one was.

The sculpting one!!! Just did it and I really like it! Going to try Jillians later today and maybe the Ab one too! :)
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    I got both the shred and 6 week abs for Christmas.... I usually combine the two (shred followed by abs) - they are hardcore! Great DVDs - I wanted something to test me :-)
  • pocketsam
    My MFP friend and I are starting this tomorrow. Anybody wanting to join us?

Should have 6 wk 6pk arriving monday to throw in there too.
    I am ready...
  • SweetToothMelissa
    SweetToothMelissa Posts: 137 Member
    I already have both DVDs and I really enjoy both. I won't be doing them every day though. I'm not sure if that's your plan? But it most likely is. Anyway, I usually workout on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday...sometimes Friday too. I'd still like to join along though of you'll have me!
  • SweetToothMelissa
    So are we supposed to post before pictures today? I wasn't sure if you guys wanted to post them now or at the end with our "afters". I'm going to start my 30DS in about 30 mins!
  • SarahRuth♥
    So are we supposed to post before pictures today? I wasn't sure if you guys wanted to post them now or at the end with our "afters". I'm going to start my 30DS in about 30 mins!

Uh oh... we're posing pics??? I'm afraid... what did I sign up for?!?! LOL.

I prefer to see the before next to the after, at the end. But it's up to all of you. I took starting measurements this morning too, so I'll be updating those and will have before and after measurements at the end. I might prefer to share those rather than photos!!! LOL

Oh, and I probably won't be doing this every day. But I will shoot for at least 4-5 days a week. I have a number of other workouts I do, and I will be mixing it up some with those. I have a few dvd's by The Firm, and I also do C25K. Shred is the only Jillian Michael's dvd I have, though. I hear she's tough, I don't want to push myself too hard and give up!!
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    bump
  • SweetToothMelissa
    Maybe I misunderstood about the pics... LOL. I have been known to do that! Anyway, I will probably take my own before and after pics just so i can see the results. Feel free to do so yourself, and then if you feel comfortable you can share them if you want. Of course no one will force you too. I think I'll also take measurements...that's a good idea! But just know, we aren't here to judge you, and if you shouldn't be ashamed of your pictures. This is all a process. We should be proud of the HARD work we put in!

So I just did my 30 day shred for the day..I like to get it done early on the weekends when I can.

Starting weight: 159
    waist size: 30"
    hips: 38.5"
    thigh: 21.5"

Happy Shredding!
  • SarahRuth♥
    I actually took a "before" pic about a week ago, and I am only down .2 this week, so they're probably okay to start this with. I will probably be willing to share when we're done, but we'll see... LOL.

What time zone are you in? I think we're all in very different time zones!!

Starting measurements, unfortunately, are:
    Waist: 37.5
    Hips: 45
    Thigh: 27

Starting Weight: 195.8

I better see those go down... I'm off to attempt day 1 right now!
  • SarahRuth♥
    And I'm officially done with Day 1. Yay!! I like that workout. I like that each segment is only 30 seconds long, and it gets a little easier as you go, so I can just keep telling myself "it's just a few more seconds than I get to move on!" and push myself through it that way!

I have to say, though... I don't like how she keeps saying "just a couple more" and then it turns out "a couple" really means like 10 or so. LOL
  • SweetToothMelissa
    And I'm officially done with Day 1. Yay!! I like that workout. I like that each segment is only 30 seconds long, and it gets a little easier as you go, so I can just keep telling myself "it's just a few more seconds than I get to move on!" and push myself through it that way!

I have to say, though... I don't like how she keeps saying "just a couple more" and then it turns out "a couple" really means like 10 or so. LOL

LOL...I know what you mean...or "you're almost there!" and then it's like another 10 reps. I have a love hate relationship with Jillian. But she did help me lose 70 lbs the first go round (without MFP). Anyways...congrats on your first day!

I am near buffalo NY so I am in Eastern Standard Time zone...how about you??
This discussion has been closed.