computin' cals etc.

Im new at this diet thing. but I love to eat good food. but the question is how do you compute the calories and etc. in a for instance a home made soup or stew to get a proper serving size? My problem in the past seem to have been more in just eating to much in guesing serving size portions than bad junk food. As the body got older the metabolizm had slowed and the eating kept normal (or what i thought was normal) and over time it all seem to have caughten up on me. Just trying to get rid of the past 50 lbs that came over the last 15 years before it get out of hand. suggestions please!:huh:

Replies

• Im new at this diet thing. but I love to eat good food. but the question is how do you compute the calories and etc. in a for instance a home made soup or stew to get a proper serving size? My problem in the past seem to have been more in just eating to much in guesing serving size portions than bad junk food. As the body got older the metabolizm had slowed and the eating kept normal (or what i thought was normal) and over time it all seem to have caughten up on me. Just trying to get rid of the past 50 lbs that came over the last 15 years before it get out of hand. suggestions please!:huh:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    well, you can go to a site like calorieking.com and get the individual calories for each ingredient, then add them together and divide it up to your likeing. Other sites will give you premade recipies that give you the calories per serving as well

http://whatscookingamerica.net/RecipeIndexDiet.htm

is a good one that has the recipie and the nutritional facts as well.
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
  • Thanks