Newbie, loving MFP!

Options
Hi everyone!

I joined up a couple days ago and I'm really excited to take on this journey. Right now, I'm 5'7", sitting at 175lbs. My primary goal is to lose 20lbs by June and another 25lbs by the end of the year. I know that this is a pretty tall order but I'm well on my way. I signed up for a really great gym this week, saw a personal trainer and am planning on signing up for some classes this week. I have never been this motivated to lose the weight and keep it off and I know that this is a LIFE LONG change. A few years ago, I quit smoking and that may have been the hardest thing that I have ever done in my life. I can't help but think that if I can do that, I can do ANYTHING. I'm looking for a few motivated health enthusiasts to help keep each other going and share successes! Please add me if you fit the bill :)

Replies

• restigoucherose
    Options
    Welcome! i only joined last week and i love this site! it's great to keep each other motivated like this :):smile:
  • sweetpeaga7
    Options
    Hey Lauren! Welcome to MFP! It's really awesome! I too am looking forward to changing my life style for good this year and be more healthy. I would love to have you as a friend on here so we can help encourage each along the way in this journey. I am 5'2" and currently at 155 lbs. My goal is to lose 35 lbs. by June! Yikes! I hope I can make it!
  • ricksnaustin
    ricksnaustin Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You can do it. :happy:
  • KimKoz
    KimKoz Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I'm the same height. I'm 162 right now. Started MFP at 168. I want to lose about 23-25 pounds but my 30th bday in June. Good luck to you. Feel free to add me as a friend too.