waist size

Options
Hey everyone! I was wondering, what's the typical waist size for females? also, what is the waist size when measured right below the belly button? just curious...

Replies

• areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    Hey everyone! I was wondering, what's the typical waist size for females? also, what is the waist size when measured right below the belly button? just curious...
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I found one site that found females have an average waist circumference (at the bellybutton) of 28.15 -+ 2.89 inches...so anywhere from about 25-31 inches. Didn't find anything for the abdomen. Something like this would be affected by height and body type though...it'd be pretty much impossible to find a 'typical' circumference since we're all so different. :smile: Waist-hip ratio is more indicative of your CV health risk...women should have a ratio of <.8, and a waist circumference of 35 or more is a factor of metabolic syndrome.
  • Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Simply stated...divide your waist in inches by your height in inches...if it is .50 or higher..

you better start walking alot more! This is just an average maximum predictor of being unhealthy and

a wake up call for those who need to do more. :tongue:

There are ALWAYS exceptions to the rule...like body builders etc. but if your ratio is higher than .50 ...most likely your BMI is too high too. :grumble:

Please know that .50 is not the OPTIMUM waist to height ratio it is the danger zone end...heading toward the edge of the cardiac cliff.

~Namaste :flowerforyou:
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    Thanks for your posts! They both really helped out. I hope everyone is starting their week out great!
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Simply stated...divide your waist in inches by your height in inches...if it is .50 or higher..

you better start walking alot more! This is just an average maximum predictor of being unhealthy and

a wake up call for those who need to do more. :tongue:

There are ALWAYS exceptions to the rule...like body builders etc. but if your ratio is higher than .50 ...most likely your BMI is too high too. :grumble:

Please know that .50 is not the OPTIMUM waist to height ratio it is the danger zone end...heading toward the edge of the cardiac cliff.

~Namaste :flowerforyou:
    cool thanks for the info.
    do you happen to know what IS the optimum??