GNC ad's

Options
I noticed this morning when I was on this website GNC has ads up for different things. Has anyone taken anything from this store to help with the weight loss? I just got a multivitamin pack from them. Just wanted to see if there's something anyone else has tried. I'm pretty hard core about doing it without any supplements besides the vitamins but I was just curious.

Replies

• thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I was told that the only supplements you should take while dieting/exercising are a multivitamin, fish oil and a greens supplement (if you don't eat enough veggies).
  • nlfrancis
    Options
    I don't use any supplements to lose weight but I do take some additional vitamins and I get all my stuff from GNC. The one supplement I do take is the Whey Protein shake after a workout since I don't eat breakfast right away - but you have to add it into your calories for the day. I don't believe in taking supplements to help me lose weight - I don't want to be dependent on them to maintain my weight loss. Do what feels right for you.
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I use their 100% Whey Protein Powder for after workout shakes.
  • hummzz
    hummzz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Last year when I started this I used the Slimquick. It did boost my energy, but not sure about my motabolism. I did see a slight difference but I was working out. I wouldn't use any thing like that again. I seem to get more results from this site's tools, hard work and the support of y'all.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    I was taking a Coral Calcium and magnesium supplement from GNC, however when I joined BeachBody I purchased the Cal Mag supplement from them and I like it better and its cheaper, so I am sticking to this supplement.
  • JohnnyNull
    JohnnyNull Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Yep. I even worked in one for a short while. And no, they're mostly useless. Unless you're nearing the level of a pro-athlete, don't waste a dime on them.

And fake food is fake.

No shortcuts.

However, a good multi is recommended. Fish oil is under debate, but I still think it's a good idea.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I take the b-balanced calcium chew, its a must if your going to exercise. I use to buy the prebiotics dark chocolate they sale there but it broke me out cuz of the chocolate. Their 100%whey complex tastes bad and hurted my stomach.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I don't typically buy any kinds of supplements unless you count whey protein powder. I use that post-workout as someone else said, and like shreddingit said, the ones from GNC also made me nauseous...they tended to cost more too.

I think GNC supplements should be used to increase overall fitness once you are fit already and want to excel in a sport or something like that. But for weight loss, just proper diet and exercise do the trick.