Do you take a picture of yourself as you lose?

Options
2»

Replies

• grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I'll also jump on the 'YES' wagon. Taking pictures not only motivates youif you're having a rough day, but they can also serve as a reminder of where you don't want to go back to once you have reached your goal.
  • mrscates
    mrscates Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I took mine every 2 weeks so I could SEE my loss. DO IT! You will be so happy you did
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I took before pics. I should take some more now that I'm down 10 lbs. I love seeing progress pics, it's so motivating!!
  • LJCDuke11
    LJCDuke11 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    i don't bc I don't want someone to stuble on them or them to get out!!! haha
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    i do it...i still amaze myself. i see pic of me at 230 n now and think how did i let myself get that big
  • LadyBarb
    LadyBarb Posts: 116
    Options
    I have a lots of picutres of myself... and I can now see the changes...It help me to the change that mental image that I had!
  • kitta3
    kitta3 Posts: 84
    Options
    I think it should be a personal opinion.
    for some people its great and it gets them going and really helps them know where they were and where they are now

for myself, pictures make me feel horrid, and i usually give up
    it makes me so depressed where i am at now, that I dont want to see it.

if its something you think that will help you... then please go for it, sometimes we need everything we can get to help us
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    You can take the pics and just keep them for your own records. I have a file on my computer with pics of me from around 2 years ago up to around 3 months ago and I'm beginning to see a change!
    And take the measurements. They will show the biggest changes! Found this website:

http://www.weight-loss-program.com/art13-taking-measurements.html

Scroll down and it will tell you where and when to measure.

LouiseX
  • secostley
    secostley Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I take photos as well. Currently, I take them every 12 weeks. Some take them monthly. Others after reaching a set milestone in pounds lost (every 10 pounds, 25 pounds or whatever). It's a good way to really see the progress you made.

God Bless!

Shawn
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Taking pictures really helps because sometimes the scale with not move but your body composition is changing. Take measurements also!
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I take them too I love to see the before and after results!
  • runs4zen
    runs4zen Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I wish I had! I took pictures during the time period, of course, but nothing specifically documenting the weight loss. I didn't keep my "big pants" either and now I wish I had. It's important for a few reasons:

1. You can celebrate your loss visually and really appreciate your hard work!

2. You can use it as a reminder to stay on course! Put your before and afters on your fridge door and inside the doors of your food cabinets. It's a visual reminder of "do you really need that _____ you're reaching for?"

3. Even now, I sometimes see myself as "fat" even though I can literally see that's not the case. It's just a mind trick when you lose weight quickly. The pics help with that.

Good luck to all with our daily quest!
  • LareishaH
    LareishaH Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I took a picture in a swim suit when I first started MFP and then I took a picture in the same swim suit about 28 pounds lighter, and I plan to take another picture in that same swim suit (that will definitely not fit) once I lose my last 17 pounds. I believe that pictures help me to see the progress. Sometimes looking in the mirror just doesn't do it!
  • kidtechnical
    Options
    I've already lost 5.4 lbs but I took a 'before' picture this week. It's for my own benefit & I'll not share it. Sorry. I love the forum on here with the before & after shots, they are so inspirational, but I'm really not comfortable that anyone can access the pictures regardless of whether they use the site or not. Maybe when my time comes I'll be happy to share, but right now I doubt it. I've email the pics to myself and I'll take monthly pictures to see if I can see progress.