Only drinking water?

Options
2»

Replies

• furrina
    furrina Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I drink only tap water (NYC's finest!), coffee and booze. I'll have a diet coke when I need a little caffeine and full on coffee's too much. I actually love cold water. It's kind of a bonus that I've always been this way since juice and soda drinks really are sneaky calorie-adders without much nutrition.
  • allehp
    allehp Posts: 96
    Options
    I used to drink a ton of diet soda, but it'll dehydrate you! Now I drink nothing but water, and I'm a bit of a bear in the morning but I feel great the rest of the time!
  • lisaking869
    lisaking869 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Water mostly. Here is a trick for nummy water- Take a pitcher and put in cut up lemon and orange- then add water- and let sit in the fridge for awhile. Adds delicious flavor. Try other combinations too- like lime and cucucmber.
    I also make homemade ice tea in pitchers- using flavored teas (ie Tazo Passion Tea) and Truvia sweetner.
    I do have on coffee per day and if i am having a day where it is really hard to get my water down- I have a crystal light.
    For a healthier soda idea- try Zevia- the orange and cherry are my favs. They are flavored with Stevia- so no sugar or artificial sweetners. Most health food stores carry it- and some regular stores, Go to their website to locate a store near you.
  • LucieBear
    LucieBear Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I start my day with water,, but I NEED my one cup of COFFEE in the morning, but it is water for the rest of the day... As a treat once in a while I have a Diet cola.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I drink 13-20 8oz glasses of water a day. In addition to that I may have a cup of tea or coffee, an energy drink or even a glass of diet pop.
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Must have my coffee in the morning...so, one cup of black coffee, then water all day about 7/8 glasses sometimes can manage more, last thing at night I have a cup of Green Tea.
  • CorydonCutie
    CorydonCutie Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I am on day 10 of strictly water and I can definitely tell a big difference, especially in my energy levels. Im not really big on sodas but Im from Texas so I love my sweet tea! It is getting easier with each day to "water fast". I am hoping it gets me to my weight loss goal a lot faster!

Sweet tea was my weakness!!! I haven't had anything to drink other than water (or the milk in from my cereal) in almost a month.
  • markja
    markja Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    When I was in the Persian Gulf, we normally had to drink about a gallon water per day just to stay hydrated.

Coffee is a diuretic so, don't consider your coffee to be part of your water load for the day.

If you didn't have pure water and that all you could drink was tea, that you would be just fine. In history, drinking was always very healthy because you have to boil the water to make it; never mind the antioxidants, etc.

As long as you're not drinking sugar in your water, you're OK.

WARNING: Those special coffee drinks can have more calories that a meal.
  • jpbenjamin
    jpbenjamin Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Wow guys! Thanks so much for all of your input! It has really helped me to see where I am and what I should shoot for! I am trying my best to get to 10 cups of water a day. I feel like i'm always going to the bathroom! LOL.

Lisaking869-- you are SOOOOO right about the Tazo teas! I used to work at Starbucks and the Passion Tea Lemonade was my favorite drink! I do have some of that at home that i could drink with truvia...! Woohoo! I actually have plenty of juices at home...but for some reason, i'm just not up to drinking them anymore. I hope this continues!