Tummy Tuck?

Options
After having 2 kids, I have this awful pouch in my belly that I can't seem to get rid of no matter how hard I work at it. I have been told that probably the only way to get rid of it completely is by having a tummy tuck. Has anyone here had one done??? If so, what is the approximate cost??? I am seriously considering having it done if I can't get enough money saved up. I would love to use my tax return, but that's going to other bills and my kids so I will have to start my own little fund especially for that.

Replies

• okcowgirl
    Options
    I had a Tummy Tuck over a year ago. I had my daughter of 21 years ... still hanging on me. My muscles were in the pattern of a upside down V ... from where the doctor did a C-section ... belly button to hair. Dr. was able to "tie" my muscles back together to give me the "6-pack". I have ALWAYS had strong belly muscles ... just couldn't get it to show.

The cost ... well ... you will just have to check the prices with your Dr's. I had to pay for the Hospital AND the Doctor.
  • hollysluiter
    Options
    I'm not an expert but I heard that certain supplements like Omega 3 and so on can help with the elasticity of your skin. Maybe there is some creams that can help too. May be good to look into those first as I heard Tummy Tucks can cost up to $8000 or so.
  • vickyplum
    vickyplum Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Good on you for working hard

I was looking into getting a tummy tuck as I got told by a doctor that although I was
    putting all the work in I wouldnt get a tummy tuck on the NHS!!!

Cue curiousity into going private!!!
    The average cost is about £5500 to £6500 which is a huge amount but then
    suppose it depends on how desperate you are to get rid of it!!!!

I hope this has helped a little!!

Good luck with your journey
    take care
    V xxx
  • kambria04
    Options
    A good friend of mine just had one done about 2 months ago! She is 30 years old and a mom of 3. She was an extremely tiny woman to start with....she weighed around 105 pounds (only about 5'2" tall) before her surgery. She too was just unable to tone her tummy and was not happy with the appearance of the sagging skin. She is extremely happy with her results now even though she says it was the most painful thing she has ever done. The cost was around $5200.