Over on cals today

Options
Ok so I just started today so I probably shouldnt be to hard on myself, but I didnt space my meals out well enough and ate less healthy food then I need to, so Im way over on calorie intake today. Grrr! The good thing about today was I didnt take a nap like I normally do and I did squats and arm curls through out the day. I had way more energy.

Im sure Ill get used to having to space out my meals better and eatting better but for the moment I feel bad for going over.

Good news though, only 3 hours until I can get to the gym! Im so excited to go. Ive been looking foreward all day :laugh:

Replies

• AngelicDevil80
    AngelicDevil80 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Ok so I just started today so I probably shouldnt be to hard on myself, but I didnt space my meals out well enough and ate less healthy food then I need to, so Im way over on calorie intake today. Grrr! The good thing about today was I didnt take a nap like I normally do and I did squats and arm curls through out the day. I had way more energy.

Im sure Ill get used to having to space out my meals better and eatting better but for the moment I feel bad for going over.

Good news though, only 3 hours until I can get to the gym! Im so excited to go. Ive been looking foreward all day :laugh:
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Well the good news is at least you are aware of what went in your mouth. That is one thing that is good about logging in your food. Hang in there!
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Did you count your exercise calories? Cause if not then you really didn't go over:drinker: But even if you did it is your first day and this is a learning process. So tomorrow you'll do better. Welcome to the site by the way:flowerforyou:

-Adrienne
  • AngelicDevil80
    Options
    Well the good news is at least you are aware of what went in your mouth. That is one thing that is good about logging in your food. Hang in there!

Ive been logging what Im about to eat as its cooking or before I eat it. I figure if I do it before hand I wont forget what I eat and I can always edit if I eat less then I thought I would. Ive tried to keep track of my foods on a different site a few years back and it was just generic stuff. Like on this one it has the brands I use and if I dont see it I can just quickly add it in myself :)
  • AngelicDevil80
    Options
    Did you count your exercise calories? Cause if not then you really didn't go over:drinker: But even if you did it is your first day and this is a learning process. So tomorrow you'll do better. Welcome to the site by the way:flowerforyou:

-Adrienne

Yeah I went way over even when I was counting the exercise calories. I know itll be ok and Ill feel better after the gym :) Thanks!
  • AngelicDevil80
    Options

-Adrienne

Yeah I went way over even when I was counting the exercise calories. I know itll be ok and Ill feel better after the gym :) Thanks!
  • stschulz
    stschulz Posts: 340
    Options
    Adrienne,
    it will take a while to get used to the changes. After all you are not just dumping a few bad habits, you are making lifestyle changes. It will happen to you frequently that you go over your allowed cals every once in a while, and that is ok. Don't beat yourself up, just go back to your diet and keep going. If this was easy we would not have that billion dollar industry "helping" people to loose weight. t IS not easy. But it will become a routine. After a while you'l automatically count your food, plan what you can eat and learn what works for you and not.
    You started out right by coming here. Keep going!