How Many time a day do you eat? What do you eat!?

Options
Hi,

I have been working out in gym since October 2010, and go pretty much every day! I feel like I havent lost any weight, but, am for sure toned, and gaining muscle. I don't have a scale at home, nor at my gym, so at this point, I have no clue if I have lost weight!

My question is, how many times a day to you all eat!? I'm basically eating 6 times a day, breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner snack......I have to consume at least 1, 4333 calories/day, so needless to say, I feel like all I do is eat all day.....anyone else like this?

I would also like to know what everyone is eating! Usually for breakfast I'll have egg whites, kashi go lean cereals, vans natural waffles, smoothies, and oatmeal. Snacks vary from greek yogurts, apples, fruits, or veggies, lunch, all i have been eating are spinach salads with some sort of protein like fish, or chicken, avacodos, and reduced fat dressings, and dinners usually turkey burgers and veggies....

I just need more suggestions, I'm feeling so lost and desperate at this point, and im getting way obessed with my weight!

Replies

• togden
    togden Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I eat the same order you eat him ... 6am, 9am, 12pm, 3pm, 6pm, and then 8 or 9 pm

I eat random but basic things ... my food diary is open ....

snacks - usually slim fast snack bars, special k snack bars, fruit, 100 cal snack packs of chips, trail mix, nuts, kudos bars, etc

meals - normally chicken, fish or turkey products because I do not eat red meat, lots of veggies, potatoes or rice, marie callendar meals, weight watcher dinners, sometime pasta
  • superbeffie
    superbeffie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Well, first off you need to find access to a scale so you can see what you actually weigh. You can't know if you have lost without some kind of weigh in.
    Second, how do your clothes feel? Looser? Then you have lost some, even as muscle adds a bit of weight.
    If you feel like you are eating too much, try cutting a snack. No matter what if you are eating when you aren't really hungry then you may be forcing yourself to get too much.
    I usually do 4 times a day. 3 meals and a snack. I find that if I try to force myself more than that I am just sticking food in my face because I feel obligated to do it. No matter what my calorie chart says, if I am not hungry I am not going to eat a snack. Try to front load some of your calories.
    Sometimes I find that sticking to my calorie goal doesn't help if I am eating more than half of them at the end of the day, where as I will lose even if I go over a bit if most of my calories were before 3 pm.
    Good luck!
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    I eat BF, coffee, lunch, snack, dinner, fruit chillers<---after workout. Its not in the order I eat/drink them but feel free to look at my diary.
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your comments......

I am going to get a scale this weekend, that way it will help motivate me more!

My clothes, I am back in my size 7 jeans, but they are still a bit snug in my hip area. It's odd, some clothes are huge on me, others are still tight on me!

I don't have that much to loose, but I'm bigger than I usually am!

It gets so frustrating at times!
  • mresta
    mresta Posts: 33
    Options
    Same thing here, breakfast is usually 6am, then every 3 hours after that. I do it for my blood sugar though because I'm hypoglycemic, it's given the the reputation at work as "The one who's always eating". lol

I like to make my breakfasts varied, so one day it will be eggs and toast, another egg white omelettes, another might be porridge or wheat bran pankcakes. Snacks vary if I've had a morning workout, so it's usually a protein shake with some fruit or a second breakfast of some sort, sometimes porridge again or crackers with peanut butter. Lunch is usually different everyday since I try and take in left overs or cook something simple the night before, like wholewheat pasta with kale and prawns, wholemeal toast with smoked trout and salad, or rice with grilled tofu and steamed veg. Afternoon snacks can be anything from hummus and carrot sticks to fruit salad, or a bowl of soup.

Dinner is cooked by either myself or my husband, so if it's him, it'll be basic healthy things like stirfrys, grilled chicken with veg, or his awesome low fat chilli con carne. I tend to avoid carbs in the evening if I can, so if I'm cooking I'll do something a little more fancy like venison stews, malaysian coconut soups (minus the noodles for me), lightly crumbed fish with a salad, and the last "snack" will be some sort of treat, like a small glass of red wine, a couple of chocolate truffles, a scoop of ben and jerry's frozen yoghurt, or a chocolate rice cake with cup of tea.