burning calories

Options
Does what temp. you run in affect how many calories you burn?

Replies

• koonshi9
    koonshi9 Posts: 30
    Options
    Does what temp. you run in affect how many calories you burn?
  • GonnaDoIt
    GonnaDoIt Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matters at all.....just how fast your heart beats is the way you burn calories....
  • chelsey787
    chelsey787 Posts: 261
    Options
    i don't think the calories you burn changes - i think what happens is you become more easily dehydrated because you're sweating more. make sure you drink enough water!
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    The more you sweat the more you burn plus lose water weight SO I believe it does make a difference. Thats why people layer up to burn more when running for example..........So the hotter the more you burn. Think of the sauna you lose weight sitting there

Alisha
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    The more you sweat the more you burn plus lose water weight SO I believe it does make a difference. Thats why people layer up to burn more when running for example..........So the hotter the more you burn. Think of the sauna you lose weight sitting there

Alisha

Unfortunately, sweating doesn't equate to more fat loss, only water loss. More importantly, purposely increasing your body temperature in that way is extremely dangerous and will easily lead to dehydration, heat exhaustion, and heat stroke. You'll lose more weight than you would if you weren't forcing yourself to sweat, but you'll also be putting your health in danger, and once you rehydrate, the water weight will return.

Sweating is simply the release of H2O, sodium, and potassium, which are all used in neurotransmission; H2O is also a waste product of our energy systems (i.e., glycolysis and the Krebs cycle), and must be expelled. Sweat's main function is to release waste and allow for cooling through evaporation. It does not correlate with fat loss.
  • koonshi9
    koonshi9 Posts: 30
    Options
    Ok well i'm not worried about fat loss just calorie consumption thanks