Losing Weight When Sick

Options
Hey guys! Currently I unfortunatly am very sick with bronchitis. I am trying to eat but it is very hard for me. I dont want my body to go into starvation mode and im dieing to go workout but I feel lousy. So my question is, how do I still lose the weight i need? Any ideas for foods that are easy on you while sick so that i can still have calorie intake? Im just very confused! help please!

Replies

• sabrads
    sabrads Posts: 152
    Options
    Hi,

If you are feeling sick then I would stop any work out routine and then I would also just record what I have eaten. You are likely to loose weight whilst you are fighting the sickness.

I would be tempted to put in my goals to be in maintenance mode - neither gain or loose weight - whilst I am ill and get healthy - then start back on the programme.

Get healthy and then start working out.

Steve
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    i lost 7 pounds when i got my lung infection and starvation mode is something mothers tell theyre kids when theyre being bad dont fear holding weight if your sick drink fluids get lots of rest i didnt eat anything when i was sick and slept all the time i had a bad lung infection the doctor was too lazy to diagnose me fully he said bronchitis or walking pnemonia and gave me zpack for 5 days take your antibiotics when you need to hope you feel better

~lance

im not a physician nor do i claim to be any advice taken is at users own risk *small miniscule print :P
  • chandosluvsfood
    Options
    Thnx guys, im gonna just drink some water and rest thnx so much!
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I ws sick with a stomach flu a little over a week ago and really could not keep much down. Dr told me to just have clear soup and steer away fro proteins and fats until I felt better because they were harder to digest. Naturally when I put in what I "ate" I was way under my calorie goal. Now that I am feeling bettter and back on the program, I'm not really losing anything. I think that my body is just re-adjustung from all those fluids that I lost. So it may take a week or two for your metabolism to bounce back and get into gear. So, dont worry about it just rest and get healthy.
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I ws sick with a stomach flu a little over a week ago and really could not keep much down. Dr told me to just have clear soup and steer away fro proteins and fats until I felt better because they were harder to digest. Naturally when I put in what I "ate" I was way under my calorie goal. Now that I am feeling bettter and back on the program, I'm not really losing anything. I think that my body is just re-adjustung from all those fluids that I lost. So it may take a week or two for your metabolism to bounce back and get into gear. So, dont worry about it just rest and get healthy.
  • Libyano84
    Options
    I find working out while sick helps and besides its logical that you lose more weight because your heart is pumping from your sickness and while you workout, I find I get better quicker when I workout