Dancing My Way To Fitness

SeasideOasis
SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I have weighed the exact same amount for the last few weeks since Ive started at myfitnesspal. I would be discouraged, but I know I havent 'always' eaten the best (though Ive stayed close to my 1200 every day, only going over here and there), so I cant be mad about results not showing more.

However, I haven't been exercising. My excuse? Im too busy. Well, everyone is too busy, so that shouldnt be a good excuse. Recently, I noticed at my college, where I am finishing my bachelors, is having Tango lessons once a week for 8 weeks (at the tune of $25...total...wow). I figure, why not?! Not like I actually 'do' anything on Sundays anyway. It is my hope that threw dance, Ill find 'fun' in working out and fitness, rather than a dreaded task. I used to dance in my younger years, so I hope my passions for it come back.

Besides gym visits, what are some other ways people are getting exercise out there? While I plan on making bi-weekly trips to the gym (I walk through the rec center three days a week, so its not like Ill be going out of my way), Id much rather find other physical activities that also involve more human interaction. I am a social creature, so different ideas would be helpful.

Replies

• miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    i like to hula hoop. works your core muscles and you can get your friends to hoop with you!
  • Pilates is my favorite and can be social if you work in groups. And I love Zumba!
  • I've danced 7 pounds off so far. I do Zumba classes, Zumba fitness for Wii, and salsa dancing.

That, combined with eating better and at least 2 strength-training workouts a week (via Exercise TV on demand) has been doing it.

You don't have to go to the gym...that's such a myth!
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Add me to the Zumba crew!! Love going to the classes! Have not tried the Wii or the DVDs yet though. I plan to add those to my artiierary soon though. I'd Zumba every day, but the $5/class can get expensive!

My workplace has a gym, and I am going to make more of an effort to get down there and do some strenght training a few days a week during lunch.
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Everybody keeps telling me about this Zumba! I dont even know what it is! I will have to check into this (probably via youtube) to see what the trend is about! I love dancing and have many friends who do it (yea for dancing and socializing!)!
This discussion has been closed.