Anyone with the diet soda cake recipe........

Options
2»

Replies

• wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    My favorite combo is Betty Crocker Butter Pecan cake mix with Diet Hansen's Root Beer.

But I don't use any diet sodas that have aspartame in them. I only use Splenda or Stevia sweetened sodas so I use Diet RC, Diet Hansen's, Blue Sky and Zevia. And I avoid Cool Whip like it's the plague, so I just use a couple teaspoons of Betty Crocker Whipped Frosting for each cupcake. (I found a measuring spoon at Dollar Tree that allows all increments of teaspoons up to a tablesppon and then multiple tablespoons as well, so I just set it to two teaspoons when I do the frosting)

And I've found that Betty Crocker cake mixes work way better than Duncan Hines. I've made a lot of modified versions of these cupcakes, here's mine (and my hubby's and family's favorite):

Bananas Foster Cupcakes

Batter:
    1 Box Betty Crocker Butter Pecan cake mix
    1 12oz can Diet Hansen’s Root Beer
    7/8 cup Mashed Banana (about 2 medium bananas or 2 ½ small bananas)
    1 tsp Banana Extract

Frosting:
    16 tbsp Betty Crocker Whipped Vanilla Frosting
    2 tsp Cinnamon
    1 ½ tsp Rum Extract

Batter:
    Preheat oven as per box instructions. Hand mix bag of cake mix with one can of soda. When almost fully incorporated, add banana and extract and mix until completely incorporated. Portion evenly into 24 paper lined cupcake pans. Bake as per box instructions

Frosting:
    Mix all ingredients together in bowl, try to beat as little air as possible out of mixture. Place in fridge to chill while cupcakes finish cooking/cooling. (if you would like less of a rum flavor you can reduce the amount of extract)

After the cupcakes cool, spread 2 tsp of frosting on each cupcake.

Calories (per frosted cupcake): 123
    Fat: 2g
    Sodium: 146.3mg
    Carb: 27g
    Fiber: 2g
    Sugar: 16g
    Protein: 6g