Hello to a New Life Style

Options
Hello everyone new to the site. I am weighing in at 200lbs at 5' 11". My goal to lose fat while gaining muscle and drop 25lbs. I know it will be tough especially the closer I get to the goal, but I am commited. This site is great so far. CapntK

Replies

• cdbjr2000
    cdbjr2000 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I'm new also
  • MariaAlexandra
    MariaAlexandra Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Welcome guys! :)

a few tips that i keep in mind is that muscle burns fat and it also weighs more, so when you start pulling in those weights, don't be surprised if you start gaining inches or weighing more after a little while. It's easier to lose the weight, especially fat, when someone is heavier, it's when you are closer to your normal weight that it gets hard and hit a plateau, and that's when you need to switch up your routine.

remember that if you do the same workouts for a long period of time, your body will start to adjust and therefore you won't lose much, it's important to switch it up and do interval training.

Good Luck guys, if anything you guys can add me for more tips, if you want :) we are all in this journey together. MFP Is FULL of supportive people.
  • aling01
    aling01 Posts: 163
    Options
    Correction - a pound is a pound is a pound...muscle doesnt weight more than fat. its just much more dense than fat so obviously the more muscle you build...the scale may seem that you gained weight.